Dedicated TV Watching Knives

killgar

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Anybody else like me and keep certain knives next to your tv watching chair or couch to fondle and admire? Or maybe instead of dedicated ones you cycle certain knives in and out of rotation?

Here's a pic of the little table next to my tv chair, and my dedicated knives. I have a preference for stilettos. Sometimes I'm in the mood for manual, sometimes auto (which I always store open). Makes commercial breaks a lot more fun ;).

So what are yours? Post a pic if you can.

ANqySWz.jpg

Anybody else like me and keep certain knives next to your tv watching chair or couch to fondle and admire? Or maybe instead of dedicated ones you cycle certain knives in and out of rotation?

Here's a pic of the little table next to my tv chair, and my dedicated knives. I have a preference for stilettos. Sometimes I'm in the mood for manual, sometimes auto (which I always store open). Makes commercial breaks a lot more fun ;).

ANqySWz.jpg

Nice table top. Walnut Burl?

Well I never thought of having my knives out to fondle but now that I know it's a thing I may have to try.

ANqySWz.jpg

is there something else these things are capable of doing? this is literally all I do with mine

I know what you mean. My "accumulation" of knives breaks down to about 50% "user", and 50% "fondle/admire". But I do require that my "fondle/admire" knives also be capable of being "users", that's an important part of my admiration.

I do occasionally use the autos to cut stuff as they are already out and handy. And they're both shaving sharp.

Of course at this point in my life I hardly have a need for knives at all. So even my "users" don't really get used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hal
I used to do this with my Boker Mini Kwaiken Ti. It was such a slim but hefty knife, a smooth and sterile exterior, very nice to fondle. The action was rather poor though (which is why I sold it), and I haven't found any of my daily carries to be quite the same so I don't play with them like that.

I find that I require an amazing action above all else, and then I'm afraid to use it on anything at all lest i somehow diminish said action or get something in the pivot

Last edited:
Reactions: Hal
For me its pretty much whatever I am carrying that day. When I do sit down I empty my pockets of the day's carry and fiddle to the point it annoys my wife.

If I may ask, what are the top two knives in the picture?

For me its pretty much whatever I am carrying that day. When I do sit down I empty my pockets of the day's carry and fiddle to the point it annoys my wife.

If I may ask, what are the top two knives in the picture?

They're both Cold Steel Ti-lite 6's. The bottom one is completely original, I customized the top one- https://bladeforums.com/threads/custom-tilite-6.1759591/

I'll probably make some changes to the bottom one eventually, but it's a recent purchase and I'm still enjoying the newness of it and the contrast between it and my other 2 custom/modified T6's (one not pictured, mods are mostly internal).

Even in it's bone-stock original condition I really like the Ti-lite 6 (my favorite production knife).

68Ttrbh.jpg

ANqySWz.jpg
I like to rotate my fidget knives by the hour when at home and even pause shows to go get another knife when the enjoyment factor runs out. My flicking knives tend to be seperated into 2 types of enjoyment, roll outs and rapid deploys. visuals tend to not matter as I watch shows in dim lit rooms so it's all about feeling instead of eye candy from here.
Here is a list of my fav movie knives.

Kizer Shamshir
Hogue EX-01
Manix 2
Benchmade Mini Presidio
Real Steel E775 Griffin
Kizer GTI Large Hunter
Spyderco Yojimbo 2
Spyderco Resiliance
Kizer Sliver
Benchmade Freek
CRKT Outrage flipper

Also for when I'm watching Warriors or Crododile Dundee I like to Unsheath my D2 16 inch Bowie knife and Cold Steel Counter point XL to see which punk feels lucky and thinks he has a real knoife.

New Edition Fox 121 Ti Wilson Combat in Elmax, I feel the potential for Netflix special in this one, I will test it tonight and see how well it performs.

Last edited:
What are the bottom two knives? They look great.

ANqySWz.jpg

Back