1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Dedicated TV Watching Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by killgar, Dec 30, 2020.

1. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    Anybody else like me and keep certain knives next to your tv watching chair or couch to fondle and admire? Or maybe instead of dedicated ones you cycle certain knives in and out of rotation?

Here's a pic of the little table next to my tv chair, and my dedicated knives. I have a preference for stilettos. Sometimes I'm in the mood for manual, sometimes auto (which I always store open). Makes commercial breaks a lot more fun ;).

So what are yours? Post a pic if you can.

[​IMG]

2. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry

Aug 11, 2020
    I used to do this, too!

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Hal and killgar like this.
  3. Kreg

Kreg

Dec 30, 2020

Nice table top. Walnut Burl?

Well I never thought of having my knives out to fondle but now that I know it's a thing I may have to try.

4. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    It's a veneer ;). I'm not one for expensive furniture.

Kreg likes this.
  5. Ophiomancy

Ophiomancy

Apr 14, 2019

6. Ophiomancy

Ophiomancy

Apr 14, 2019
    is there something else these things are capable of doing? this is literally all I do with mine

Kreg, Hal, Dadpool and 2 others like this.
  7. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    I know what you mean. My "accumulation" of knives breaks down to about 50% "user", and 50% "fondle/admire". But I do require that my "fondle/admire" knives also be capable of being "users", that's an important part of my admiration.

I do occasionally use the autos to cut stuff as they are already out and handy. And they're both shaving sharp.

Of course at this point in my life I hardly have a need for knives at all. So even my "users" don't really get used.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Hal likes this.
  8. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015

killgar likes this.
  9. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    I used to do this with my Boker Mini Kwaiken Ti. It was such a slim but hefty knife, a smooth and sterile exterior, very nice to fondle. The action was rather poor though (which is why I sold it), and I haven't found any of my daily carries to be quite the same so I don't play with them like that.

10. Ophiomancy

Ophiomancy

Apr 14, 2019
    I find that I require an amazing action above all else, and then I'm afraid to use it on anything at all lest i somehow diminish said action or get something in the pivot

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Hal likes this.
  11. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Hal, jideta and killgar like this.
  12. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    I don’t have a dedicated TV-only knife, but I like hanging onto my fixed blades lately while watching. With care of course. These days it’s the Chaos Bowie, lol.

Hal, Man with no name and killgar like this.
  13. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I have a couple of fixed blades here by my tv chair...
    ...a Busse "BAD" 3.5" and a Bradford Guardian 3".

14. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    For me its pretty much whatever I am carrying that day. When I do sit down I empty my pockets of the day's carry and fiddle to the point it annoys my wife.

If I may ask, what are the top two knives in the picture?

15. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    They're both Cold Steel Ti-lite 6's. The bottom one is completely original, I customized the top one- https://bladeforums.com/threads/custom-tilite-6.1759591/

I'll probably make some changes to the bottom one eventually, but it's a recent purchase and I'm still enjoying the newness of it and the contrast between it and my other 2 custom/modified T6's (one not pictured, mods are mostly internal).

Even in it's bone-stock original condition I really like the Ti-lite 6 (my favorite production knife).

[​IMG]

16. Londinium Armoury

Londinium Armoury

Jun 2, 2020
    I like to rotate my fidget knives by the hour when at home and even pause shows to go get another knife when the enjoyment factor runs out. My flicking knives tend to be seperated into 2 types of enjoyment, roll outs and rapid deploys. visuals tend to not matter as I watch shows in dim lit rooms so it's all about feeling instead of eye candy from here.
    Here is a list of my fav movie knives.

Kizer Shamshir
    Hogue EX-01
    Manix 2
    Benchmade Mini Presidio
    Real Steel E775 Griffin
    Kizer GTI Large Hunter
    Spyderco Yojimbo 2
    Spyderco Resiliance
    Kizer Sliver
    Benchmade Freek
    CRKT Outrage flipper

Also for when I'm watching Warriors or Crododile Dundee I like to Unsheath my D2 16 inch Bowie knife and Cold Steel Counter point XL to see which punk feels lucky and thinks he has a real knoife.

New Edition Fox 121 Ti Wilson Combat in Elmax, I feel the potential for Netflix special in this one, I will test it tonight and see how well it performs.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  17. ASBOB

ASBOB

Feb 8, 2008
    What are the bottom two knives? They look great.

killgar likes this.
  18. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    @killgar Really nice work on that Ti-lite

killgar likes this.
  19. jideta

jideta Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2020
    internet TV, these are always in front of me...

IMG_0204.jpg

20. Thunderpants

Thunderpants

May 21, 2020
    I keep a flamethrower nearby in case I'm watching The Ring and some terrifying Japanese kid comes crawling out the TV, dripping water all over the floor.

jideta, Kiteman72 and killgar like this.