Dedicated TV Watching Knives

What are the bottom two knives? They look great.

Thanks. I built them.

The one on the top (pic below) has an off-the-shelf blade, spring/lock, and blade release mechanism, all with some modification. The stainless steel liners, solid stainless steel bolsters, SS lock release mechanism, and micarta handle scales I made from scratch. The firing button is a flat, checkered, low-profile magazine release button for a 1911 pistol.

The bottom knife has the same blade, spring/lock, release mechanism and button. The stainless steel liners and bolsters are from a manual production stiletto (Rite Edge) which I modified for an auto. The bolsters are welded to the liners. I made the handle scales and lock release mechanism.

Both knives are 10-7/8ths" long open with all-screw construction.

If you're interested you can read all about them in this thread- https://bladeforums.com/threads/a-trio-of-stilettos-lots-of-pictures.1407974/

I have an infatuation with the the folding stiletto, both manual and auto going back over 40 years. But I only really started to act on that infatuation in the past five years. Keeping these knives next to my tv chair so I can fondle them often is my way of making up for lost time.

cCKN917.jpg

Last edited:
I constantly fidget with knives when I'm reclined on the love seat in the living room watching TV.
I am concerned though about the Schrade Bowie. I was thinking just the other day that if I dropped that on my foot, it would hurt bad.
I decided with that one, that I'd only fiddle with it when I'm reclined & not when I'm sitting up using the nebulizer.

Speaking of which - the main reason (other than the fun of it) I have some knives nearby is to slice open the little packets of Albuterol Sulfate & Ipratropium bromide & then cut the small plastic vials apart.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that plays with my knives when I watch TV!
I've been doing it off and on for over 60 years!

So, it's not just me? That's good. I rotate my TV watching knives. I just put my CS Ti-Lite back in the cabinet and replaced it with my CS AK-47. My Kershaw auto will probably be next. I also rotate multi-tools the same way.

Back