Deep Breath

This may be a recap for some of you who follow me on Instagram, but for those who don't here is what I am referring too.

Some of you may have been wondering why I have been so quiet lately. Besides being just a busy as I was before BladeShow, splitting my time between getting the new shop up and running as well as making knives for you.

I have been fighting a respiratory infection for the better part of the summer. I believe it started as a sinus infection that spread to my chest and in turn caused Acute Bronchitis. I went to the doctor about a month ago because I was coughing so hard my ribs hurt, They put me on a Z pack and a tapered prednisone pack, but I could not complete the prednisone back due to the unbearable side effects. I had never experienced a drug like that, it caused bone pain in my joints and I could barely walk for a few days as a result.

I felt better for a few weeks, then the Bronchitis seemed to come back with a vengeance, I went back to the Doctor again Tuesday evening and was prescribed a stronger antibiotic, a lower dose of the predisone and a breathing treatment.

I have never experienced Bronchitis before, I have had pneumonia a few time is my life, this felt pretty similar without the fever, It was whooping my ass, today I am happy to report I am feeling alot better, I can breathe better and I do not feel so fatigued and confused.

I would like to thank everyone who wished me well and took the time to respond to my post on Instagram!

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

On another note, the thread title has duel meaning, after my Huge 3 month long push up to Bladeshow.
I felt like I needed to take a breather. Seeing my Daughter turn 16, my sister getting married and getting a puppy again all in the span of a month, forced me to pick my head up out of work for a bit. I am glad it did.
Sometimes life has a way of waking us up to needing to make changes. I realized that I had been missing out on somethings and people that were important in my life, and wanted to take the time given to me to appreciate these things. It was not planned but I am glad I gave myself a breather, because I am feeling a lot more focused and motivated to do what I need to do. At the same time I have decided I need to schedule time off for myself.
This doesn't mean I am going to do less, I just realized that I need to be more focused and purposeful on how I spend my time and get back on a normal schedule.

Thank you to everyone who continues to follow and support me, word cannot express how much I appreciate you guy's support!

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better both physically and mentally. It's so important to step back some times and enjoy life and the loved ones around you.

I've been working like a mad man myself, and I've realized recently the negative impacts it has had at home. I'm working to do the same as you and step back for a minute.

Congrats on making the realization and working on taking the time to smell the roses. Work will always be there, fortunately and unfortunately. Kids grow up and puppy kisses are the best; enjoy them while you can.

Continued health and success!

Reading this right now and nodding my head. I've kept my nose to the grindstone a time or two myself to the extent that I also faced health challenges. It's good to know you've taken some time to get back to your core values, family and relaxation. Take care of them lungs brother. Sending you a PM

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better both physically and mentally. It's so important to step back some times and enjoy life and the loved ones around you.

I've been working like a mad man myself, and I've realized recently the negative impacts it has had at home. I'm working to do the same as you and step back for a minute.

Congrats on making the realization and working on taking the time to smell the roses. Work will always be there, fortunately and unfortunately. Kids grow up and puppy kisses are the best; enjoy them while you can.

Continued health and success!

Thank you! I agree 100% And I am glad that I came to that realization!

Reading this right now and nodding my head. I've kept my nose to the grindstone a time or two myself to the extent that I also faced health challenges. It's good to know you've taken some time to get back to your core values, family and relaxation. Take care of them lungs brother. Sending you a PM

Thanks Douglas, I definitely think I pushed myself a little too hard there for awhile and my body and mind were trying to tell me something, I just wish I had not been so stubborn and listened to my body and payed attention to the warning signs earlier!

Chris, Good to hear you're taking some time to evaluate priorities. I think we have all had to stop and find a balance at some point in our life. I struggled through a divorce when my daughters were very young but I was able to refocus and I dedicated my "single divorced life" to being a dad. They are grown and we have a very close relationship now as a result. The money is important but family and friends are priceless.

Take care of your health. I've dealt with pneumonia and bronchitis myself on a few occasions. Years back I coughed so hard I gave myself a hernia followed by a surgery! :rolleyes: We try and fight through an illness but often just make it worse as I did. Feel better Chris!

Definitely take care of yourself. You'll make no knives at all if you don't, and more importantly, you won't live your life. There's more to life than our jobs, even ones we're passionate about.

I'm pretty sure if you do some desert ironwood grinding and touch it off with breathing in some G10 dust, it'll do wonders for your respiratory health, though.

Chris, Good to hear you're taking some time to evaluate priorities. I think we have all had to stop and find a balance at some point in our life. I struggled through a divorce when my daughters were very young but I was able to refocus and I dedicated my "single divorced life" to being a dad. They are grown and we have a very close relationship now as a result. The money is important but family and friends are priceless.

Take care of your health. I've dealt with pneumonia and bronchitis myself on a few occasions. Years back I coughed so hard I gave myself a hernia followed by a surgery! :rolleyes: We try and fight through an illness but often just make it worse as I did. Feel better Chris!

Thank you for the words of support and encouragement, I truly appreciate it!!

Definitely take care of yourself. You'll make no knives at all if you don't, and more importantly, you won't live your life. There's more to life than our jobs, even ones we're passionate about.

I'm pretty sure if you do some desert ironwood grinding and touch it off with breathing in some G10 dust, it'll do wonders for your respiratory health, though.

Thanks you! I am definitely passionate about my work, and have a hard time turning it off sometimes, especially since I am leagues away from where I want to be. But I am seeing the writing on the wall and the wisdom that has been bestowed upon me. I appreciate each and everyone of your comments.
Amazing group of people here and I could not ask for a better community to be apart of.

LOL, G10 burns my eyes and makes me sneeze like crazy, and Desert Ironwood smells like a barbecued turd. I think I am good. :thumbsup:;):D

Glad you are better and keep getting stronger. I think you made some wise decisions about life and your priorities, true blessings we can oftentimes take for granted. When we count our blessings, it can re-energize you and put meaning back into our efforts. Stay well.

Glad you are better and keep getting stronger. I think you made some wise decisions about life and your priorities, true blessings we can oftentimes take for granted. When we count our blessings, it can re-energize you and put meaning back into our efforts. Stay well.

That was very eloquently written! Thank you!

Back