Deep carry pocket clip for 531

I was looking at the 531 today but I'd rather have the deep pocket carry clip like the one on the 556-1 that I was also looking at. Is there a deep pocket clip that fits on the 531? Is it the same one that's on the 556-1?

Yep, that same clip will fit it. All you have to do is call up Benchmade and they will send you free pocket clips too.

Just realize by changing to the deep pocket clip it will cause the thumbstuds to catch the edge of your pocket going in and out. This will destroy your pants very fast.
I went back to the regular BM clip for my 530 and 531 for that reason.

Took me a bit of time to fully realize it was the combo of the deep carry clip and how it changes the way the knife comes out of the pocket.

Just realize by changing to the deep pocket clip it will cause the thumbstuds to catch the edge of your pocket going in and out. This will destroy your pants very fast.

Took me a bit of time to fully realize it was the combo of the deep carry clip and how it changes the way the knife comes out of the pocket.

I've been carrying 530/531 as my office EDC with deep carry clip, 5 days a week, for nearly 5 years and I've never had this issue.

I actually had that issue with the standard clip and haven't had it with the deep carry. Though, I carry in my back pocket.

Had a 940-2 with the deep clip and hated the ergos so I swapped them between the two. Now both knives are perfect.

As was mentioned, BM will send you one for free. Try it out. If you have an issue, just swap it back.

I've been carrying 530/531 as my office EDC with deep carry clip, 5 days a week, for nearly 5 years and I've never had this issue.

Same here, no problems at all. But the thumbstud is not the best one, I would like to replace it with Nakamura one. It should fit.

wlaVPbm.jpg

One of the simplest tricks is to give the knife a slight twist when pulling it out of the pocket. Works for me. And another trick was to bring my favorite jeans to a local tailor and have them add another layer of similar material right where the knife slips in and out. The jeans last longer that way.

Back