Deep Carry Pocket Clip

I'm currently carrying the Yojimbo II and the Native 5 "Blurple" on a daily basis. I want to switch the stock clips to deep carry pocket clips. I've seen some of them on Ebay, and some on Amazon.

Please let me know which ones you've tried and what worked for you. I'm looking for recommendations on material quality and daily carry usability.

Thanks!

I just ordered two from MXG after trying the eBay route first. The eBay clip didn’t sit tightly against the scales so it was loose when clipped to my pocket. I’m sending it back so I’d recommend just going with one of the companies mentioned by liferung and save yourself the added hassle of returning an inferior one.

MXG with shipment to Europe is very expensive. I had to buy chinese pocket clip because $65 for a MXG pocket clip is just crazy. Why Spyderco doesn't make deep carry pocket clips optionally, like Benchmade?

I found that the MXG clip it is easier to tighten the screws than the Lynch clip. But either one is nice.

for a yojimbo pocket clip (=compatible with pm2 pocket clip) you could try search term <c81 clip> on aliexpress, if you don't mind the waiting times of overseas shipping.

MXG with shipment to Europe is very expensive. I had to buy chinese pocket clip because $65 for a MXG pocket clip is just crazy. Why Spyderco doesn't make deep carry pocket clips optionally, like Benchmade?

Because not everybody likes deep carry?

It's why I wrote "optionally". And for some models deep carry fits better, just see how many people have it on Para 3.

MXG ... I may have a couple for Spydercos around if I look ... I like MXG on Spyderco but not my Hinderers ...

Lynch clips ard nice too.

I tried a Lynch but it was too high profile and made the knife feel uncomfortable to use, so I went with one of the lower profile MXG clips as per the image. The lower profile and narrowness at the top makes it more comfortable, and it drops the knife just enough into the pocket. The knife feels totally secure. Super easy to install as well.

I'll probably switch to this clip on my Manix 2 as well.

I'd like to try the deep clips from 5x5 Combat Solutions on the Yojimbo. They look very interesting but they're not cheap.

XZgT5pv.jpg

Another vote for MXG.... I send them to my USA forwarding address and then it's only $5 to post it to Singapore!

j4YG60R.jpg

I used to buy clips from Blade4Sell on Ebay but he routinely needs 5-6 weeks... whereas MXG are almost as good and usually in stock. The big plus on Blade4Sell is that he counter sinks the clip screw holes so the screw head sits lower into the clip.

I do bend all my clips to loosen the tension ... I don't like them too tight. I also send them for cerakoting :)

Last edited:
Back