Deep pocket carry flipper - Honey Badger

Due to a hand injury I struggle a bit to use thumb opening knives so wanted an easy opening flipper that would not cost too much. I bought one of these some time ago, directly from South Africa and have EDC'd it for a number of months. Now that I see that they are available in the USA I did a quick video review. The review talks mainly about the features. From an ownership point of view it has stood up to all that I have thrown at it. I liked the large black one in the review so much that I recently bought the medium tan one that you will also see in the video.

Last edited:
Your review made me decide to pick up a Honey Badger Flipper in medium. For the most part its an impressive knife for the price. I'll take a dremel to the sharp edge that can bite your finger in the forward choil but beyond that it's good to go and a solid option for someone with $20-30 to spend on a knife.

Enjoy. I have not found the choil sharp edge a problem but do see what you mean. I recently got into free hand sharpening instead of using my sharpmaker for a change. I got the blade shaving sharp and so far the edge is holding up nicely. I did this fun photo yesterday along side my Zebralight to have a Zebra and a Honey Badger together!!

42262569841_999a7e48a6_c.jpg

They just came out with a green model so added one to the collection. Large black, medium green and small tan.

43502811895_0ef2dc22dc_z.jpg

And then there were 5! Just took delivery of these 2 new blade shapes to add to my existing 3 Honey Badger Flippers.

31404766948_1ee8a6ecbe_c.jpg

They are made in China. I took mine apart to check on the quality of workmanship. Pretty good even down to the bearings in the pivot.

I have carried this large honey badger flipper for just over 6 months. It's been used every day from the kitchen to many outdoor tasks. I'm pleased to report that it has held up very well. I have done no maintenance except touch up the edge from time to time. You can see how sweetly it still opens and closes. I have bought a number to give away as presents and now confident that the recipients will be as pleased as I am.

The look good and if they work well, that's all it takes for me to like it. Too bad they are not available in Spain. Ebay only shows me US sellers, which means that the shipping is going to kill the deals... Will have to wait I guess.

BTW, Amazon is not a Bladeforums supporter so I guess you should remove the link in your first post before a Mod does it (and maybe issue a warning!)

Back