• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Defective Emperor O Tanto Thread Deleted?(Cold Steel Censoring Negative Post)

Last edited:
knarfeng knarfeng wondering if you got any idea about this? I never seen a thread get deleted in this forums no matter how bad it gets. Usually just locked.

Yes, it was deleted by an admin or a moderator without warning. Just before it disappeared the thread status was "Removed from public view." Cold Steel is truly pathetic.
Did you keep a copy of the thread?

:) Manufacturers maintain their forums to help promote and sell products .

I'm not surprised they deleted one like that .

I hope CS will continue a presence here on BF , and not just pull out with all the recent bashing . :(

Still my favorite "go to " for value / performance and maybe deserves a little more appreciation here . :cool::thumbsup:

Did you keep a copy of the thread?

In a way... Since I was subscribed I have e-mails with the content of all posts to the thread. But it actually didn't occur to me that these people will get as low as deleting the thread. This is absolutely amazing.

So it was removed by the manufacturer forum mod(Cold Steel)?
Does bladeforums have any policy for these kind of censorship?
Yes to the first.
No to the second.
Yes, it was deleted by an admin or a moderator without warning. Just before it disappeared the thread status was "Removed from public view." Cold Steel is truly pathetic.
Feel free to start another thread here.
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/feedback-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.699/

In a way... Since I was subscribed I have e-mails with the content of all posts to the thread. But it actually didn't occur to me that these people will get as low as deleting the thread. This is absolutely amazing.

Was a bit surprised myself to see it deleted rather than simply locked, but need to keep a couple things in mind:

1. The forum is not meant to be a place to resolve customer service issues.
2. Like DocJD said, they are here to promote their products, and obviously aren't going to like things detrimental to that effort. But pretty sure this is the first time I've seen them delete a thread, so they normally give us a lot of leeway.
3. While I understand posting here to give us a heads up, a better place would have been the GBU, as Boru13 just posted while I was writing this.

Was a bit surprised myself to see it deleted rather than simply locked, but need to keep a couple things in mind:

1. The forum is not meant to be a place to resolve customer service issues.
2. Like DocJD said, they are here to promote their products, and obviously aren't going to like things detrimental to that effort. But pretty sure this is the first time I've seen them delete a thread, so they normally give us a lot of leeway.
3. While I understand posting here to give us a heads up, a better place would have been the GBU, as Boru13 just posted while I was writing this.
Shouldn't be that way. It should be a forum for all things Cold Steel, whether good or bad. Reminds me of the old Tora Khukuri forum. As QC issues developed, Simon took it to a invite only FB page. If CS doesn't like the thread, they need to fix the problem or explain why it doesn't need to be fixed.

There is nothing stopping you from reposting your original thread here and also in the GB&U sub-forum.

Can the original be restored & moved to the GBU?
Yes this will be ideal.

G Geko21 did you keep a copy of CS’ latest response explaining the relationship between them and coldsteel.de as well as their implication of you character for being litigious?

It’s good to raise awareness elsewhere.

Cold Steel, deleting the thread is not cool! While I didn't agree with the legal stuff, I definitely believe Geko21 deserves a full refund at minimum. Really seems like QC is a thing of the past? I was going to buy three sk5 Recon Tantos for Christmas presents but I'm not going to take the chance. Rather spend the money elsewhere.

Can the original be restored & moved to the GBU?
Is it possible to reopen the original thread but move it to the GBU forum?
Yes that's possible but I'm hesitant to do that for a variety of reasons. I'll have to think about it but I would much prefer a new thread be started in GBU... I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to GBU so there are no further issues.

Back