DEK1

I love the fullers. They are just sexy to me lol. Not sure they have any real purpose other than weight reduction but damn they look good

I like the Fullers too, as they do serve a purpose on a larger knife, But I doubt ( I Reserve the right to be WRONG as usual) Lorien would design it with a fuller on a 4 1/2 inch blade that is less than 3/16 wide! ;)

Last edited:
no fuller
txKjvJs.jpg

Last edited:
This last photo is showing a better handle/blade ratio perspective. :thumbsup:

I can get a better sense of the previously mentioned 4-1/2" cutting blade length along with with space for an ~1/2" choil?... Perhaps ~5" from tip to scales leaving close to a 4-1/2" handle length (with ~OAL at just under ~9-1/2").

I'd love to see this with a blade thickness and grind of ~5/32" similar to that of the EDC2. Let the revised upcoming FK2 carry on with thicker 3/16" stock and grind.

no fuller
txKjvJs.jpg
Any chance that the cutting edge will be brought back and the ricasso shrunken slightly?
That is, unless the slabs meet the ricasso right at the peak of the sharpening notch.

Either way, this is how I look when I see this picture:
giphy.webp

As far as blade stock goes, I prefer thinner, lighter and slicier (yeah, that's a word now). If I want to lever, pry and baton, I will opt for something a little less svelte.

Any chance that the cutting edge will be brought back and the ricasso shrunken slightly?
That is, unless the slabs meet the ricasso right at the peak of the sharpening notch.

Either way, this is how I look when I see this picture:
giphy.webp

As far as blade stock goes, I prefer thinner, lighter and slicier (yeah, that's a word now). If I want to lever, pry and baton, I will opt for something a little less svelte.

that's just the edge finding grind, totally preliminary. The bevel will go about 3/4 of the way up, depending on what give the kind of angles I think work best, and the plunge will terminate at the peak of the choil notch

that's just the edge finding grind, totally preliminary. The bevel will go about 3/4 of the way up, depending on what give the kind of angles I think work best, and the plunge will terminate at the peak of the choil notch
Remember, if you ever need anyone to do some corrosion testing, I will offer my services.
I will even pay for the knife, if I can be guaranteed one. The sooner I have one, the sooner you have results!
;):D

I should have the bevels mostly done by the end of the day. I'm doing it by hand because I'm afraid of fucking it up, since I have maybe 4 hours experience with the grinder

Need to get on this one quick before the season picks up and I'm up to my elbows in repairs/orders/customers. Yeesh! (1st world probs)

btw, this is a one off, cuz that's how I roll (slow)

Back