DEK1

rzjVKtk.jpg

R1Pw93x.jpg

A3QMiRN.jpg

pretty much just gotta put an edge on, test and refine

Lorien, how about a dead-on side shot? Angle shots look good, but I really think a direct side shot would be helpful in appreciating your design here.

Bob

gonna have to make my own grommets, that's fun. The hole spacing accommodates a full sized tecloc and iwb strap. Lower holes accommodate static cord

the sheath is scabrous, but a good model for what I'm looking for for this knife;

DFreJo0.jpg

shown with large Tecloc in vertical and scout carry. I'll show a couple other methods I have in mind, and obviously a dangler style attachment could be easily fashioned, (not sure if I'll bother, but maybe)

qFMeOyF.jpg

first test- It will peel!
the edge was hand ground on a stone, and I left it a little fat. As I get a feel for it I'll take the angle down some
will hope to have time this weekend to put a little video footy up here to go through this new design for ya'll

ZXOoPI6.jpg

BPjmkZc.jpg

been busy rebuilding some of the jumps in our local bike park so they can do their annual bike jam this weekend. I have 40 hours in there over the past 3 1/2 weeks. Busy beaver these days, I am

I think this should be renamed the FKK - Field Knife Killer. Yeah, I said it.

The handle looks exceptional Lorien, really nice work.

KFK: Killer Field Knife. The original FK is an indestructible knife, so none other can kill it, literally or figuratively speaking, but it can certainly be tweaked upon. That OFK is one tough mutterclucker!

Aren't all the Carothers indestructible, not just the FK?

Sorry fellas, there is an elegance of design present here that the FK does not have. Makes sense and is pretty much what you can garner from Nathan's post in the other thread where he talks about the design of the FK and the EDC. The methodology evolved each time, and it has evolved again.

It isn't a bash on the FK as much as it is the recognition of that evolution. The bash is tongue in cheek. The FK is an exceptional knife, no doubt. That said, it isn't even the most popular collab anymore, the HDFK stomped it in Tommy's poll. While I think this knife will possibly challenge the HDFK in that poll if run again after its release, I think it will surely push the FK to third. My apologies @Hardknocks, I hope we can still be friends....

I also recall six months ago, FKs would come up for sale and last minutes. Now, they will hang around, sometime for a day or two. There are two on there now best I can tell and the one that sold a couple days ago, took almost an hour and was priced well with extras. I think that is in part because of this knife coming closer to reality, with acknowledgement to the talk about the FK2. This knife actually exists now though, and can be seen in Lorien's posts. Again, we'll know one way or the other after it is out for six months or a year, but I think it will be tough to sell an FK for $450 anymore, where it sold in minutes at that price before.

Lastly, this are only my opinions, so who gives a damn what I think besides me anyway? I am a fan of CPK and what I see here from Lorien, and I want. Just finish the damn knife already Lorien!

Back