DEK1

Loving the updates. Looking forward to this knife.

Have you noticed that lately Blade Forums has been refreshing as slow as molasses at times? There is even a specific thread in the Technical section dedicated to this!

Case in point: when Nathan unleashes the first DEK1 sale, I reckon that Nathan will probably melt down this Site for a good whole, so be careful what you wish for (the old Chinese curse proverb applies here) LOL.

The jimping protrudes, however only .015". And they're chamfered and will be rounded some by the tumble. They will provide a little more traction but not at the risk of creating hotspots.

They exist because this is intended to be used as a stabbing weapon.

Man, that Lorien fellow is sure a violent one! Oh, wait a minute, I see that this one is made of AEB-L - so just for stabbing fruits and vegetables in the kitchen:p Mike

Have you noticed that lately Blade Forums has been refreshing as slow as molasses at times? There is even a specific thread in the Technical section dedicated to this!

Case in point: when Nathan unleashes the first DEK1 sale, I reckon that Nathan will probably melt down this Site for a good whole, so be careful what you wish for (the old Chinese curse proverb applies here) LOL.

Hell, I thought this was my internet provider's fault, or maybe my son using up all the band width with his online games, social media, streaming movies. Mike

They exist for when required as a stabbing weapon.

a small adjustment from my POV
Man, that Lorien fellow is sure a violent one! Oh, wait a minute, I see that this one is made of AEB-L - so just for stabbing fruits and vegetables in the kitchen:p Mike

Mike, I've kicked enough ass and had my ass kicked enough to avoid violence whenever possible... :)

I would have worded it a little differently than Nate. For example; 'the jimping serves to provide traction, during an event in which the knife is used in a vigorous thrusting motion, regardless of any lubricious fluid coating the handle'

a small adjustment from my POV

Mike, I've kicked enough ass and had my ass kicked enough to avoid violence whenever possible... :)

I would have worded it a little differently than Nate. For example; 'the jimping serves to provide traction, during an event in which the knife is used in a vigorous thrusting motion, regardless of any lubricious fluid coating the handle'

A fine choice of words, Lorien. And, I sincerely hope you know that I was just testing your jimping and was not the least bit serious :D. Mike

Back