DEK1

What are all the steel options for this? Elmax or another tough stainless would be a coo addition to d3vl! Did you say 80crv2?!

just received the materials for the prototype today!

waiting on a little feedback from the man in the big pants before I get going.

And, a note; this has been said multiple times, but the materials I'm using to build this things ARE NOT reflective of what CPK will use for the final product

I don't recall actual spec's being mentioned as this is still in the design pahse. If you scroll back to page-3 of this thread, Nathan and Lorien talk about the concept. I like how it's shaping up so far :D

3/8" linen micarta will provide a lot of material to work with, and although I ordered 3/16" steel I will be getting it machined down to around .15- .16", which will provide a handle with a minumum thickness of 1/2"

some general changes to the sketch I posted are; a slightly less 'locked in' handle design, more belly and a wider blade. This will be a great general purpose cutter, and by that I mean you'll be able to cut your food with it, as well as a number of other things.

the blade is around 4.25" and the handle very slightly longer than that
Here ya go

just received the materials for the prototype today!

waiting on a little feedback from the man in the big pants before I get going.

And, a note; this has been said multiple times, but the materials I'm using to build this things ARE NOT reflective of what CPK will use for the final product
Dibs

Back