DEK1

My thoughts on the DEK1:

It could have easily been named GP1. It really feels General Purpose. I got it last night. It’s pretty slicey , can feather stick and is VERY secure in the hand for defensive purposes.

It’s bigger than I expected but not too big. It really seems like the one knife that can do it all, but I’m not sure if it’s the best at anything. It could also be named the JAT1 for jack of all trades master of none. I don’t think there is anything it wouldn’t do well (except be a chopper).

If there were no specific criteria like food prep, defensive carry, field craft or anything else this is the ONE knife I would pick if I was limited to one.

For me it is a little large to carry but it will have a permanent place on my duty belt. It’s not too big or threatening but big enough to get the job done.

To anyone else that is looking at upping their knife game and don’t already have a CPK I would suggest starting with this one. The steel is amazing, the design is spot on and the ergonomics can’t be beat.

Lorien/Nathan, well done, this thing is a keeper.

Please remember, this is only my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it.

Put the FK in your pocket and subtract about 1/2" It's pretty big!
It works fine if you're out in the woods or doing jobs, probably not discrete enough as a no-one notices it carry option.
I carry mine cross draw on my belt. I remember when Lorien was prototyping it his photos showed a fancy IWB canted carry. Btw that's a taco sheath from Eric, it comes with the standard pancake style from Nathan and crew.
View attachment 1355105 View attachment 1355103
I'm really not a fan of kydex for sheaths but I really like the Taco sheath.

There are a few charts that have been made out there that show AEBL as being incredibly tough. However that has not been my experience. It is quite tough, quite strong, but it is not in the same league as 3V or A8 mod.

Was thinking of getting the DEK1 in AEBL, but hard not to be swayed by a statement like this from the man himself. So D3V it is...

Last edited:
That is super hard to read with white background.

That's really strange...am using the dark background, but changed to white and checked a bunch of my other posts and they're all fine, so not sure why that happened in that post.

ETA, changed it to gray so it would be visible on either background.

Last edited:
Probably using the "Dark" mode and made the text white. Click with your mouse and drag over it to highlight it to make it easier to read if so desired :)

That's really strange...am using the dark background, but changed to white and checked a bunch of my other posts and they're all fine, so not sure why that happened in that post.

ETA, change it to gray so it would be visible on either background.

I was able to read it. It just took some effort. Also, I’m on my phone.

Yesterday's mail call......DEK1 in unbuffed OD green micarta w/ Sagewood Gear adapter:

uhSr3pel.jpg

qAPi9x6l.jpg

ugC99Y4l.jpg

The extra length on the handle in relation to the EDC makes for a perfect fit for my XL hands. This will easily become one of my favorite CPK knives. Thanks to Lorien & the entire CPK crew for delivering another winning expression of "form follows function".

I really like it. Nice job once again CPK crew. :thumbsup:

The details...love the dual texturing on the scales...that quilting rocks. The stonewash came out especially nice on this one. You really have to hunt in the right light for any tooling marks. And the edge is fantastic. Kudos to whoever sharpened this nasty thang.

9sFANi3.jpg

I really like it. Nice job once again CPK crew. :thumbsup:

The details...love the dual texturing on the scales...that quilting rocks. The stonewash came out especially nice on this one. You really have to hunt in the right light for any tooling marks. And the edge is fantastic. Kudos to whoever sharpened this nasty thang.

9sFANi3.jpg
:thumbsup: Nice! Are those scales unbuffed double black, and did you torch the fasteners yourself?

Back