DEK1

After week or so of using DEK1 I have to say, it is the most comfortable handle that I have put my hands on. It is really all I want from this kind of knife. No, it is not a baton/prying monster woods knife, but as a wood EDC knife it is perfect.
FK2 is kinda haunting me, maybe I get at some point.

After week or so of using DEK1 I have to say, it is the most comfortable handle that I have put my hands on. It is really all I want from this kind of knife. No, it is not a baton/prying monster woods knife, but as a wood EDC knife it is perfect.

The DEK1 unexpected became my most carried CPK! It's such a great pattern. Its thinner profile makes it a little easier to EDC compared to the FK2.

Exactly my thoughts on DEK1. Excellent larger EDC knife with super comfortable handle. And I just can't believe how light it is, with still being and feeling sturdy.

it is the most comfortable handle that I have put my hands on.

Still trying to decide if the DEK1 handle is better than the FK2 handle. They're different and both excellent. The DEK1 is a beauty and a pleasure to use. Super confortable.

lr3mr6Z.jpg

You should. The FK2 is a reference.
V7H2I0H.jpg

4P8NZRm.jpg

GzhY7rN.jpg

I think I finally ,,solved,, how to carry DEK1.
I put Ulticlip slim 3.3 and carry it IWB. It was good, but only few days ago I moved it from 3 o´clock to roughly 9-10 o´clock for cross-draw position. And I have to say it is better. Main thing is, that right now is easier to re-sheath, it is in less of a blind spot as previous.

P patrickguignot That is denim micarta, right?
I really like the whole ,,family,, shot.

Just got the DEK1s from the preorder, and finally got the chance to see what everyone's been talking about!

Yeah, I love these! To me, they're the perfect size for EDC and scout carry for unobstrusiveness while having a fixed blade while tooling around the house/property, doing stuff (unseating the OG FK, which previously held the spot because the handle is thinner/flatter than the FK2).

I know some folks really like the EDC 1/2/3 for EDC, but after playing around with one, I personally wanted/preferred something a little bigger. I sold the EDC2, so I don't have it to compare with anymore, but the DEK1 is reminiscent of a 'Goldilocks EDC'; juuuuuuust right.

The handle is so comfortable in various grips (and reminds me more of what I can recall of the EDC handle than the FKs). I can see how the FK handle shape would be better suited/more comfortable for extended bushcraft, but I really like the versatility, size, weight and feel of the DEK1.

Awesome work LA and CPK!

Last edited:
I think I finally ,,solved,, how to carry DEK1.
I put Ulticlip slim 3.3 and carry it IWB. It was good, but only few days ago I moved it from 3 o´clock to roughly 9-10 o´clock for cross-draw position. And I have to say it is better. Main thing is, that right now is easier to re-sheath, it is in less of a blind spot as previous.

Can you please post a pic of that sheath and clip setup? Thanks.

Got my DEK1 in the mail yesterday.
These are my first impressions.
I can definitely see this becoming a daily carry for me. It’s feels light and thin handled compared to my FK2. These are different animals. The DEK1 handle is very comfortable but I suspect my hand would fatigue if I used it for camp/wood prep. Great for normal everyday use and I can even see it performing well for me at work (construction). I have a need/tendency to abuse my knives at work. I’m sure the knife would hold up fine.
Overall, it feels very light, nimble, stabby and slicey. It’s a keeper!*
For now it will be my “off work hours” edc.
EDC2 will remain my work knife for now and FK1 or 2 for hiking/camping. <<< I usually have my HDFK in my pack and the FK on my person when on multi day trips.

Crappy pics of Lorien and CPKs beautiful work.
View attachment 1486174 View attachment 1486175

*all my CPK’s have been keepers.

Last edited:
Got my DEK1 in the mail yesterday.
These are my first impressions.
I can definitely see this becoming a daily carry for me. It’s feels light and thin handled compared to my FK2. These are different animals. The DEK1 handle is very comfortable but I suspect my hand would fatigue if I used it for camp/wood prep. Great for normal everyday use and I can even see it performing well for me at work (construction). I have a need/tendency to abuse my knives at work. I’m sure the knife would hold up fine.
Overall, it feels very light, nimble, stabby and slicey. It’s a keeper!*
For now it will be my “off work hours” edc.
EDC2 will remain my work knife for now and FK1 or 2 for hiking/camping. <<< I usually have my HDFK in my pack and the FK on my person when on multi day trips.

Crappy pics of Lorien and CPKs beautiful work.
View attachment 1486174 View attachment 1486175

*all my CPK’s have been keepers.

Those green scales are pretty. I can't wait to get my knife!

I don't know much about knife fighting and certainly can claim no experience whatsoever, but this handle was also, (maybe primarily) designed to be wielded with the edge in, in that ice pick grip.

If the average person is defending their self with a knife, chances are pretty good they're already overwhelmed and their attacker is on them by the time they can get a knife out. In my experiments, holding the knife this way is quite damaging close in. With the edge inside the arc your arm makes in the stabbing movement, there is also cutting.

With the edge out, it strikes me that you'd be able to lever the handle with your thumb against an attacker's arm or leg or whatever, locking it in place. That was my thinking when imagining how the handle should work.
Obviously, if you have the presence of mind to perform these movements under duress then you know what you're doing, and I hope this knife works for that because I can't verify myself that it would. Always thought it would be great getting one in the hands of Doug Marcaida for his critique.

I think most people who design 'fighting' knives have never fought someone with a knife, so we just have to research things and think them through as best we can.

Back