DEK1

I'll be building a working model, hopefully next month at a friend's shop. If not, I'll be doing it here, but a roadtrip and some professional guidance would be most welcome, and will speed up the process.

Make no mistake, the sparkly purple modeling clay that I'm using to build my proof of concept model shouldn't be taken as an indication that this is a frivolous endeavour. This is going to be a purpose built, serious blade with a great deal of care taken to ensure that it will do what it's designed to do.

I'm aiming to get everything to Nate soon enough that he might be able to get on it before the end of 2018, depending totally on his production schedule.

Ah I was trying to figure out what Lorien meant by "double ground", I thought I read earlier up in the thread that there's not gonna be a swedged version. I'm trying to initiate and focus my hype!

won't be double edged is what I meant. Unlikely to have a swedge, unless it needs one for balance. Won't know til I get there.

just waiting to get my steel back from surface grinding, and to finish up this other knife I've just started, (which has been my practice piece for learning how to use my new to me grinder). I should be able to put together my prototype pretty quick now that I have the equipment, but I expect the testing to take a couple months. This knife will require testing I haven't done with other patterns, given its, um...tactical requirements. If you guys want updates as things progress, let me know.

just waiting to get my steel back from surface grinding, and to finish up this other knife I've just started, (which has been my practice piece for learning how to use my new to me grinder). I should be able to put together my prototype pretty quick now that I have the equipment, but I expect the testing to take a couple months. This knife will require testing I haven't done with other patterns, given its, um...tactical requirements. If you guys want updates as things progress, let me know.
Yes please

Yes please

Oh no Lorien. We have an 8 page thread cause no one cares about the project, and we are all just trying to pad out post count. No desire for updates at all.

o_O

Hell ya we want an update

Back