DEK3

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
DEK3 is in the pipe.

Line drawings have been exhaustively refined in order to achieve the right balance of utility and flow.

I feel like this pattern is ready to take shape, so a paper template is now glued to a .125" thick, precision ground plate of A2 tool steel. It will likely stay that way for a couple days while I bust ass on the trail and try to get that job done. I fixed my jackhammer, so I intend to spend about 16 hours crushing rocks starting tomorrow.

I will be ready for more cooking and gentlemanly pursuits once I finish this trail, and similar to having DEK2 prototype available for testing during a time conducive to that, the DEK3 prototype will available during a time conducive to loafing around, cutting food and working on perfecting my gentleman cutler game.

Last edited:
^my hope is to have the DEK3 worked out in time for Nathan to be able to produce both concurrently if he so chooses
Did the extema ratio or bailout inspire you at all?
( sorry was meant for the 2 thread lol)

not a criticism, just curious as to other design influences that inspire you

Last edited:
Did the extema ratio or bailout inspire you at all?
( sorry was meant for the 2 thread lol)

not a criticism, just curious as to other design influences that inspire you
no

when I'm working for CPK, I try to take as much influence as I can from Nathan's work. That said, my design for the CPKitchen is slightly influenced by the work of Dave and Andrea Lisch and Mareko Maumasi, but inspired by my Potaterminator

no

when I'm working for CPK, I try to take as much influence as I can from Nathan's work. That said, my design for the CPKitchen is slightly influenced by the work of Dave and Andrea Lisch and Mareko Maumasi, but inspired by my Potaterminator
Speaking of the kitchen knife, I've have to add to my specs a Chip resistant steel. I know I shouldn't cut frozen food, but sometimes life gets in the way and you need to cut frozen chicken, or garlic, and the steel needs to handle it.

I've been thinking on getting a carbon chef knife, hopefully it could be carothers

Speaking of the kitchen knife, I've have to add to my specs a Chip resistant steel. I know I shouldn't cut frozen food, but sometimes life gets in the way and you need to cut frozen chicken, or garlic, and the steel needs to handle it.

I've been thinking on getting a carbon chef knife, hopefully it could be carothers
I use my busse for frozen stuff.

Back