DEK3

Anyone going through the same hesitation on whether or not to pre-order with the optional sharpened tip?

I wish we had pictures of the options. My imagination is not as good as it once was.
Yes, I went back and forth, sharpened tip or spine, or both. I finally went with just the sharpened tip. I like some knives to have a nice sharp point, so I think I will like this configuration. I would never use a knife like this to pry with the tip, so I'm not concerned about a more fragile tip.

I did a magnacut with the works and then a D3V with just the main and spine. I figure I'll pick between.

I agree, this isn't a prying tool so tip strength is not a concern. I cannot say I feel the sharpened back spine is useful with this blade shape. A flat spine would have made more sense, in my opinion. That said....I still have 2 on order ha.

I did a magnacut with the works and then a D3V with just the main and spine. I figure I'll pick between.

I agree, this isn't a prying tool so tip strength is not a concern. I cannot say I feel the sharpened back spine is useful with this blade shape. A flat spine would have made more sense, in my opinion. That said....I still have 2 on order ha.
Dibs on the one you don't like, kidding...................not kidding;)

I'm getting pretty excited about my DEK 3 preorder. It's been around 45 weeks so maybe 2/3s of the way to fully excited. 🤞
Counting the weeks would not help with the wait. I found out that pay and forget approach works best to deal with the feeling of impatient. I learned this after ordering several custom knives from several custom makers.

Counting the days would end up with creating an extra stress on both sides which might result with a relatively poor product in some cases. Many of the custom makers are not fully professional about their business (they are often one or a few man shop) and often they can not meet their own deadlines. Even though as a customer (especially in the cases a payment was made beforehand) we have a right to request to meet the deadlines, it might not be always possible particularly for the makers that are working on relatively large production level and obsessed with delivering a quality product.

I was in an Apple shop last week for a battery replacement and it took longer to change it than they said it would and apple is one of the largest (if not the largest) company. What I am trying to say is, even for well established corporate firms doing same things over and over again, things may get delayed.

Damn. Should've gotten in on a preorder.
Yes... I'm also sad that I missed out on getting in on the DEK2/DEK3. :(

I think the DEK3 might be the more intriguing design of those two variations (but I still like the DEK2). An acid washed DEK3 with buffed black linen or double black micarta scales would have been a cool mate to pair with my original acid washed "swedged" DEK1.

I guess there is still a very slim possibility of scoring one from a future "Friday Sale" however my shark swimming... "keyboard ninja" skills have been quite lacking as of late.

Back