DEK3

the top edge is intended to be an option, the regular version will sport a false edge. The swedge creates a distal taper which terminates at a pointy tip. The unsharpened section between the point and the top edge provides some reinforcement for the tip, and a place to push from during sharpening. No reason it couldn't be sharpened as well...

the design philosophy for double edges is maximum damage, should damage be required
If that section were sharpened, would tip strength be compromised?

I’m going with the DEK3 with the sharpened tip and sharped swedge on a hollow ground belly so that now when I accidentally cut myself it will be significant enough for some respect from Blues Blues

😜
I love the idea of the dagger sharpening but I just cannot imagine using it. Which sucks. If I had infinite money I’d totally get one. Is there any reason to have a sharpened tip in the kitchen? Maybe in case ninjas attack my paprikash?

I love the idea of the dagger sharpening but I just cannot imagine using it. Which sucks. If I had infinite money I’d totally get one. Is there any reason to have a sharpened tip in the kitchen? Maybe in case ninjas attack my paprikash?

From a practical aspect, that basic offering would be the most pragmatic version to own and use but from a collection's perspective, the most loaded ones will make them ever so much rarer in the future. I'll add an extra stand alone ECAM set of scales to my preorder and then will try too grab one of the more practical and no-frill versions at a Friday's sale down the road. Voila!

I’m going with the DEK3 with the sharpened tip and sharped swedge on a hollow ground belly so that now when I accidentally cut myself it will be significant enough for some respect from Blues Blues

😜
You're gonna have to put some effort into it...but I know you can do it. Right hand is at 45 sutures (total) to date...

(No more than 15 during a single incident, though. Pretty much 3 x 15.) 🪓🔪

Is anyone concerned about how thin the 3 would feel in the hand?

This will be my first knife from Them.....

I'm not partial to the looks of any of them, so I'm wondering if thoughs with bigger hands....... Is .125" blade thickness going to be too small for me?

How do you like the dek1's thickness?
Probably, I'm safest ordering the beefy 2, but the dek3 is the most interesting of the three knives

Thank you.

I think my hands are on the lower side of large so my DEK1 fits very nice in my hands. The thicker DEK2 just might feel better. I'll find out after I receive my knife. The DEK3 might feel a little too skinny.

From a practical aspect, that basic offering would be the most pragmatic version to own and use but from a collection's perspective, the most loaded ones will make them ever so much rarer in the future. I'll add an extra stand alone ECAM set of scales to my preorder and then will try too grab one of the more practical and no-frill versions at a Friday's sale down the road. Voila!

I agree. I have to admit that the regular finish on CPK blades don’t do nearly as much for me as the satin. The satin is almost the entire reason why I join pre-orders.

Is anyone concerned about how thin the 3 would feel in the hand?

This will be my first knife from Them.....

I'm not partial to the looks of any of them, so I'm wondering if thoughs with bigger hands....... Is .125" blade thickness going to be too small for me?

Probably, I'm safest ordering the beefy 2, but the dek3 is the most interesting of the three knives

Thank you.

6’4” here, 250+ pds (depending on season), 3XL motorcycle gloves. I like how the DEK1 feels, i have 2:

i-Mkm78tG-XL.jpg

i-4qrBh85-XL.jpg

i-Cf6sh96-XL.jpg

Is .125" blade thickness going to be too small for me?

Thank you.
You’re talking about less than 10% difference in the overall handle thickness between the DEK2 and 3. If that makes a real difference to you, I reckon you’re probably the Princess & the Pea of knife users.

I’d pick stock thickness in relation to intended use, not handle size.

I’m going DEK3 with optimizing for food prep. Not sure on magnacut vs D3V. I like D3V but I kinda like the idea of stainless. I don’t know. Decisions decisions.
I’ll take the basic DEK3.

I reckon it’ll be a good knife to complement a large blade or axe - should do pretty much anything you want an outdoors knife to do, except wood work. I don’t think a blade ground that thin is really optimized as a double-edged fighting knife.

I’ll take it in magnacut because the extreme rust resistance will give it some extra uses, because I’m interested to try it, and because I’d rather have magnacut optimized to do what magnacut does best than D3V pushed to a higher than normal HRC.

You’re talking about less than 10% difference in the overall handle thickness between the DEK2 and 3. If that makes a real difference to you, I reckon you’re probably the Princess & the Pea of knife users.

I’d pick stock thickness in relation to intended use, not handle size.
While on the one hand, it looks that way spec-wise, I DID notice a difference in the feel between the MC and HDMC. I actually preferred the feel of the HDMC grip because it was a little thicker (the scales are interchangeable. The only difference is the blade stock thickness making the handle a little thicker overall).

That said, I find the DEK1 handle quite comfortable, and the thickness difference between that and the DEK3 is even smaller than the DEK2 vs DEK3.

Back