Delica/Endura in M4?

I'm so happy with my Endura 4 FFG in VG10, it would have to be a very reasonably priced knife.

Not likely...

Yep, also BHQ is probably one of, if not Spyderco's largest buyers. So if BHQ really wants to run Seki models in M4 (Jade FRN/FRCP with TiCN M4 would be a huge hit in a Delica, Dragonfly, Endura, etc), I would think Spyderco would do everything in their power to make it happen.

Blade HQ has already done Seki models. They were done in Hap40/Sus410.

A lot of people (myself included) don't like the laminated blades for a variety of reasons. So M4 would be a must buy for me where I have literally zero interest in Hap40, V-Toku, Super Blue, and other laminated steel blades.

Laminated steel does have a few advantages over a stock mono steel, one of the biggest for me at least, is it helps keep the pivot free of rust. I wouldn’t be opposed to a full Hap40 or M4 blade at all, but I like that they laminate some steels. On modern knives it’s kind of a rarity these days, and as I said it does have some advantages. The SUS 410 they use does seem to show scratches a lot quicker, but I would say the pro’s outweigh the con’s.

If it’s not your thing I can accept that, but I know I like them. Now if only they’d do another Super Blue run..

Blade HQ has already done Seki models. They were done in Hap40/Sus410.
Blade HQ didn’t do the Seki Hap40 models, Spyderco did it as a sprint.

I think KnifeCenter did a Delica with wood handles and another dealer did one in carbon fiber.

Last edited:
I enjoy the patina M4 takes. It’s more stain-resistant than I imagined. My GECs in 1095 stain quick, while my GB1 has taken forever to hold a really visible stain and I cut tomatoes every day for restaurant food prep (I clean the knife with sanitizer prior to cutting the tomatoes).

Rex 45 and HAP 40 are analogs, M4 is similar but does not contain cobalt.

HAP40 and M4 are used in similar applications but HAP is also heavily marketed for culinary use unlike M4

Blade HQ didn’t do the Seki Hap40 models, Spyderco did it as a sprint.

I think KnifeCenter did a Delica with wood handles and another dealer did one in carbon fiber.
Maybe you didn't understand.

Blade HQ does runs of the popular Spyderco knives as dealer exclusives. Their "signature" is a M4 blade with natural G10 handles.

Most of the knives Blade HQ has done are US models but they did do one run of a Seki model. The Lum Tanto but for that Japanese knife they chose a Japanese steel. Hap40.

I9wQrI4.jpg

They also did the Bob Lum Chinese hap40/jade, but everyone is talking about the delica/endura

Last edited:
They also did the Bob Lum Chinese hap40/jade, but everyone is talking about the delica/endura
Right and it's been said a bunch of times that the US steel won't go to Japan and vice versa.

Everyone likes to go for some sort of I wish they made this trip and sometimes those knives even happen.

My opinion though is that when folks go to hard about wanting something that'll never happen they don't sound like steel fans or knife aficionados. It just sounds like some kid threatening to hold their breath till they turn blue.

It's been shown a bunch of times here that if you frame your dream knife request properly it can happen. The Wharncliffe Delica, the M4 Dodo, The Lum Tanto run. All from the folks in the back of the room who were able to sell their idea.

For folks who want a non clad tool steel Delica or Endura the first thing to do is start picking steels made in Japan.

Right and it's been said a bunch of times that the US steel won't go to Japan and vice versa.

Everyone likes to go for some sort of I wish they made this trip and sometimes those knives even happen.

My opinion though is that when folks go to hard about wanting something that'll never happen they don't sound like steel fans or knife aficionados. It just sounds like some kid threatening to hold their breath till they turn blue.

It's been shown a bunch of times here that if you frame your dream knife request properly it can happen. The Wharncliffe Delica, the M4 Dodo, The Lum Tanto run. All from the folks in the back of the room who were able to sell their idea.

For folks who want a non clad tool steel Delica or Endura the first thing to do is start picking steels made in Japan.

Have you missed the S30V Delica and Dragonfly, M390 Delica, Cruwear Delica, and K390 Police? ALL of these are USA or European steels imported into Japan for use in Seki knives. What you are saying no longer holds true. It has been done already in 4 different non-clad non-Japanese steels. Please do some research before spouting non-truths and telling other members that they are acting like kids for requesting things that could actually happen.

I'm just saying, no one thought a Cruwear Delica or an M390 Delica were possible, yet here we are and I have both in my desk drawer. I don't think it is a stretch to think that we could see an M4 Delica in the future. If enough people voice their desire for one, BHQ and Spyderco and the Seki makers may work hard to make it happen. That is the whole point. Never say never with Spyderco. :)

We’ve been served chicken and roast beef sandwiches, I’m sure they can make a ham sandwich for us... if we request it.

Back