Delicious food thread!

grunt soldier

Gold Member
Couldn't find the old one. So starting a new one. Post pics of your favorite foods you cook and recipes if you want!

Brisket today was amazing. Well worth the time. Burnt ends came out top notch. Could have sat in the heat to caramelized a bit more but they were all gone so must not have been an issue.

And on to next delicious treat being smoked. Bacon wrapped pork loin. Used natural honey as the binder for my rub instead of mustard. Hopefully it will add a nice under tone. And my little buddy helped the whole time. Pics tonight after it's finished. Basket weaves the bacon for optimal moistness lol. Going to glaze with a home made makers Mark bbq sauce the last 30 mins.

Man that loin looks good, and your helper looks proud! How long did you smoke, and at what temperature? I may just need to smoke some stuff this weekend after looking at these pics...

I smoked 1 hour at 180 degrees for good smoke. Then 3 hours at 225. Last hour I was rushing since I misread the loin size at for instead of the 6 it really was. So I cranked it up to about 285 which helped crisp the bacon and set the glaze. Glaze was a custom home brew using makers Mark. I posted the recipe a while back for in a recipe thread we had that I can't find lol. Think it was a contest thread maybe.

I still have your recipe for pork shoulder and pancakes with the bourbon maple syrup.....

DSC_9027.JPG

DSC_9044.JPG

Here is the whole picture album....keep a napkin handy to wipe the drool....

http://www.iammoon.com/albums/gruntsoldiers pulled pork recipe/

best

mqqn

Man I haven't made that in probably a year or more. I'll have to dig through the recipe book to see if I can find it. Might try it with smoked shoulder this time

I don't do recipes, I just cook.(Really explains why I can't bake desserts worth a darn)

Bone marrow seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt. Flambe with brandy and finished with a touch of cream, served with toasted French bread.

IMG_3945.JPG
IMG_3952.jpg
IMG_3950.JPG

I don't do recipes, I just cook.(Really explains why I can't bake desserts worth a darn)

Bone marrow seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt. Flambe with brandy and finished with a touch of cream, served with toasted French bread.

View attachment 740658
View attachment 740660
View attachment 740662

See you sir are more like a chef. I have never even attempted anything like this. You got the presentation and everything down. Well done sir.

New York strip roast salt crusted and oven roasted. I over cooked a little for my liking but it was still pretty solid.
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG

Fresh Gulf shrimp 15 count.
New Orleans style BBQ
IMG_2948.JPG

See you sir are more like a chef. I have never even attempted anything like this. You got the presentation and everything down. Well done sir.

Thanks, but Im just a fat guy from Louisiana who likes to eat and likes to cook.

Last edited:
Had to get a mop and bucket to clean up all the drool. :eek:

Thanks, but I just a fat guy from Louisiana who likes to eat and likes to cook.

As a guy from Louisiana, allow me to pass on a little advice to non-Louisianians: if a fat guy from Louisiana offers to cook, YOU ACCEPT. Do whatever you have to in order to make it happen.

Rock on, brother. You're killing it.

Did 3 racks of ribs last night. Didn't get pics of the finished product quick enough lol. They got demolished pretty quick lol. I did one rack with makers Mark bbq. One rack with my version of Carolina gold sauce. And one just dry rub.

Gathering at Grunt's House!!

Let us know when, sir!

best

mqqn

Lol I do have another 3 racks on the grill already. Taking it over to moms for a family get together. Hopefully I get some pics of the finished product this time lol

Back