Delivery time

Seriousblade - what has auntie generally told you concerning the delay? If you share that information, perhaps we'd be able to help, or to explain possible delays from our own experiences. Is this a CONUS shipping destination? Is there an customs issues? Custom order? Etc....

Thanks Cul,i believe its ok and that this could be normal and usual waiting period maybe.I do not wish to bombard HI with emails every now and than,as i understand i am not only customer whos order is in line.Content of any conversation with HI,i would like to keep confident and private.

Have you thought of alternative designs while you wait for yous? She probably has something in stock you might like.

I hope it's clear that in most cases, for in-stock items, HI's delivery time to USA addresses is only about 3 business days (compared with some number of weeks to get a khukuri sent from the competition in Nepal).

Delays are exceptions to the rule, for various reasons, such as custom orders (backlogs happen), delivery failures (no fault of HI) or customs delays for international customers (again, no fault of HI).

Meanwhile, special deals are offered on a nearly-daily basis, and these knives are shipped from Reno NV within a day of being sold (often the same day).

I received a recent necklace shipment in 2 days!

The deal of the days I win are usually here in3-4 days and I live on the other side of the USA. The necklace was in a small box hence the lighting fast shipment. I prefer DOTD's because most of the kukris offered differ from those in the webstore. I like the diversity of products offered on the forum.

Last edited:
Im usually 2 days from order and im in Texas. I add a day or so for Christmas time:thumbup:. They do have the best shipping of ANY business i have ever used. Shes faster than most and usually same day shipping. I think Aunti Yangdu should use drones and just start droppin Khukris on us! Rainbow AK first:D

USPS is backed up right now for the holidays. Aunty Yangdu has always sent my orders (of in stock items) on the same or next day. My last order of the manjushree sword showed up in 2 days. The order before that, a WWII, took almost 2 weeks. We are at the mercy of the postman at the moment I guess.

... My last order of the manjushree sword showed up in 2 days. ..
Now we dont know that do we? I havent seen any pics or anything of that Manjushree? What evidence do you have to support that philllll? Im patiently waiting:D

Now we dont know that do we? I havent seen any pics or anything of that Manjushree? What evidence do you have to support that philllll? Im patiently waiting:D

dang.gif

Hi to everybody.I have done and payed in full for my order+shipping in about 10th.of September and still,even after more than 3 months,this has not been shipped.Very disapointed with this sort of service.In the meantime,i have ordered also with another manufacturer of genuine Nepalese company,who does excellent job,craftsmanship,and however this is very well known and busy company,it took during pre-christmas peak time,two and half weeks to make the order including shipping from Nepal to Europe-which took exactly 3 days.

If you consider these responses hostile and fanatical, then you are too thin-skinned to be posting critical comments based on a single experience with HI, and with few details to back up your tale of woe.

What triggered some of these responses was your comparison with "another manufacturer of genuine Nepalese company, who does excellent job ...." Since there are only one or two such companies, this makes you seem like a shill for them. I see that you praised one of those companies by name in at least one or two separate postings on Bladeforums.

Unfortunately, there have been a few people who come on this subforum to make veiled criticisms of HI on behalf of a rival company, while claiming to like HI products. That is sometimes called "damning with faint praise." Your "join date" on Bladeforums is listed as September 2014, which is when you say you placed your order. Most likely, then, this would be your first HI blade, and since it hasn't arrived yet, I wonder what is the basis for your assertion that "i still believe in HI products quality...."

Others have pointed out that the proper remedy is to contact Yangdu, rather than make vague complaints here. Since you are talking about a single order for a single knife, whatever legitimate problems you might have with that order can't be generalized as you do when you express your disappointment with "this sort of service" and contrast it with one example of an alleged order with a rival company.

If you consider these responses hostile and fanatical, then you are too thin-skinned to be posting critical comments based on a single experience with HI, and with few details to back up your tale of woe.

What triggered some of these responses was your comparison with "another manufacturer of genuine Nepalese company, who does excellent job ...." Since there are only one or two such companies, this makes you seem like a shill for them. I see that you praised one of those companies by name in at least one or two separate postings on Bladeforums.

Unfortunately, there have been a few people who come on this subforum to make veiled criticisms of HI on behalf of a rival company, while claiming to like HI products. That is sometimes called "damning with faint praise." Your "join date" on Bladeforums is listed as September 2014, which is when you say you placed your order. Most likely, then, this would be your first HI blade, and since it hasn't arrived yet, I wonder what is the basis for your assertion that "i still believe in HI products quality...."

Others have pointed out that the proper remedy is to contact Yangdu, rather than make vague complaints here. Since you are talking about a single order for a single knife, whatever legitimate problems you might have with that order can't be generalized as you do when you express your disappointment with "this sort of service" and contrast it with one example of an alleged order with a rival company.

Well,after reading your comment,as you are perfectly entitled to make and to share,so am I,to do so.Let me please explain,this is a public forum for individuals to freely share own opinions and experience on any topic they may wish.Unlike some members here,on HI forum i am not insulting anybody,neither i am bargaining their opinions,views,experience etc.-It is completely on my discretion and my personal freedom to purchase any product from any company i may wish and to share good or bad feedback based on this-and regardless of how many products,i have purchased.I am paying customer-and perfectly entitled to express my opinion and also to compare services or products on any public forum designed for such purposes,might that be positive or negative feedback.For those with little or no understanding of these facts,i feel sorry.

you simply have the mannerisms of others who have come here with no good will , I only pointed out that you would have had a much better experience with HI had you gotten in touch with yangdu or karda first, and you pretty much said you did not bother until after posting here, unless I misunderstand.

Yes I am very defensive of HI, having dealt with many people who are jealous of its success and reputation, who attempt to dismantle that good faith, so yes I definitely reacted defensively, but cul helped you proper, and followed the right path.

and david merely points out facts to help you understand our position, and why we all feel a bit of attachment to the company, our experiences have all been so overwhelmingly positive, it is just difficult to believe you had such a poor one. Not saying you did not, just pointing out why I feel the way I feel.

and sharing with us here that you went with another company has no purpose, you have the right to say it, as we have the right to question its voracity and placement. I just think of all the customers I have seen come and go here, even when they mention they went with something else( as most people here own knives from many places); they rarely if ever comment about the superior service of a rival company, and make sure to mention they are also from nepal?? it just seems like it is laced with ulterior motives, but I am a naturally paranoid person.-- again not accusation, just explaining where my conclusions came from , and why I suspected a negative intent, not saying I was correct.

you simply have the mannerisms of others who have come here with no good will , I only pointed out that you would have had a much better experience with HI had you gotten in touch with yangdu or karda first, and you pretty much said you did not bother until after posting here, unless I misunderstand.

Yes I am very defensive of HI, having dealt with many people who are jealous of its success and reputation, who attempt to dismantle that good faith, so yes I definitely reacted defensively, but cul helped you proper, and followed the right path.

and david merely points out facts to help you understand our position, and why we all feel a bit of attachment to the company, our experiences have all been so overwhelmingly positive, it is just difficult to believe you had such a poor one. Not saying you did not, just pointing out why I feel the way I feel.

and sharing with us here that you went with another company has no purpose, you have the right to say it, as we have the right to question its voracity and placement. I just think of all the customers I have seen come and go here, even when they mention they went with something else( as most people here own knives from many places); they rarely if ever comment about the superior service of a rival company, and make sure to mention they are also from nepal?? it just seems like it is laced with ulterior motives, but I am a naturally paranoid person.-- again not accusation, just explaining where my conclusions came from , and why I suspected a negative intent, not saying I was correct.

Thank Gehazi for your comment,i do fully understand if you are protective of HI,as based on your own experience.Let me please re-assure you,i am very busy person and have no reason whatsoever to be on internet,badmouthing any company i was or currently am customer to...I had no intention to praise one company over other,rather than to add to topic my own and honest opinion.In matter of fact,all companies and businesses need also negative review,to keep up with its competitors and to improve themselfs in area,they are at risk.By honest feedback,this can be brought to attention and help to overall success on the market.If any bussines gets only positive feedback,it may easy fall behind its competitors very quick and loose its ability to compete.(This is my opinion).Based on my own experience so far,i can only write up to date services and quality of final products,i got my hands on and therefore in regards of HI i can only compare so far is the delivery time,quality of final product is sepatate issue and can only describe products i had allreafy my hands on,which are of excellent and outstanding quality and craftsmanship.Once package from HI will arrive at my doorstep-i might find out HI to be superior and will be very happy to share my thoughts and give recommendation to others,but this might also not be the case.It is early to say at this stage.I will always honour all handcrafted art and might i like two or ten producers of it,i will honestly say that,as every one of them will most likely be unique in certain level.......

Which model did you order? I ask because I remember seeing you mention a 20" CAK. That's not a regular size for that model so if that's the one you are talking about, the delay be because they are making it custom just for you!

Which model did you order? I ask because I remember seeing you mention a 20" CAK. That's not a regular size for that model so if that's the one you are talking about, the delay be because they are making it custom just for you!

Hi Phill,yes,that may be the case,you can be right,i had some extra wishes,when it comes to blade being very sharp,thick and also Mrs.Yangdu suggested name of Kami who make massive blades,so i ask if this could be made by him....Sher is his name.This however i leave up to HI,if they accomodate any of my wishes....I have seen one very good review from Knifeguy on youtube in regards of AngKholas,he reviewed in his excellent and unique review 16,5 inch model,it was completely outstanding video,which makes me to go for this model.Apart of the others its only one guaranteed as a prybar and have one of the greatest reputations out there from all khukuries out there....

all I can say is that I am extremely glad to be wrong about things like that( that you are actually a customer and not a nay sayer), and I can bet you will be very happy when your order finally comes in :D; thank you for being reasonable and explaining yourself and I tried to do the same, I hope you stay awhile with us on the forum and kinda get to know us around here, and become part of the HI community!

Hi Phill,yes,that may be the case,you can be right,i had some extra wishes,when it comes to blade being very sharp,thick and also Mrs.Yangdu suggested name of Kami who make massive blades,so i ask if this could be made by him....Sher is his name.This however i leave up to HI,if they accomodate any of my wishes....I have seen one very good review from Knifeguy on youtube in regards of AngKholas,he reviewed in his excellent and unique review 16,5 inch model,it was completely outstanding video,which makes me to go for this model.Apart of the others its only one guaranteed as a prybar and have one of the greatest reputations out there from all khukuries out there....

OK, that helps a lot. Sher is a very talented, and busy kami. I have several customs that I asked any of the Kumar brothers to do for me (Kumar, Sher, Yuvraj), it's starting to go on 4-5 months, because they are so backlogged. If you wanted a massively overbuilt AK, by Sher, it may take awhile, not to mention that traveling time, I also feel that you may be in Europe? If so, that blade has quite a bit of traveling to do, to get to you, not to mention getting through customs. Hopefully, you will receive your superb blade as soon as it is possible, I have no doubt that as soon as auntie has it "in hand", it will be mailed out to you within 24 hours or less.

FYI - only the Chiruwa Ang Khola is warranted as a prybar, not a regular Ang Khola.

Seriousbladeno1:

1. If you had provided this information in your original post, people could have told you that a custom made blade by a specific kami takes a lot longer than ordering a knife "off the shelf," which is probably what you did with that other company. Contrary to your comments, this is not about "delivery time" since it involves a very busy kami working on your custom order whenever he can get to it. I would consider a three month wait for an order like that to be entirely reasonable, not to mention that (based on one of your comments) you seem to be located in Europe, which means the blade has to go from Nepal to Nevada to Europe, including whatever customs offices might get involved.

2. This is not "a public forum for individuals to freely share own opinions and experience on any topic they may wish." The HI Cantina is more appropriate for that, and even on the Cantina there are reasonable and unreasonable subjects.

3. Your latest comment makes me question even more whether you have been "damning with faint praise," since you said that you like HI products, and now you seem to admit that you have no personal experience with HI products, that your only experience is with "delivery time" and that experience is based on a special order for a custom blade with a particular kami.

After receiving your custom made Ang Khola, please post pictures and comments about the blade. I'm sure your comments will be received in a manner appropriate to the spirit in which they are made.

Thank you.

Seriousbladeno 1 sent a special order on September 10th and the knife is still not done
because the Kamis were busy with previous orders and it took a longer
time to finish all the other special order items.

You placed your order and paid for the 20-inch special order Chiruwa Ang Khola
on September 10th. Beside you, there were other special order knives ahead of
you. This caused a delay on getting the special knives made quickly.

I knew it is not a good situation and there is not much I can do to speed up the
special order items at the moment. You are not alone. There are other ladies
and gentlemen who are waiting for their special order Knives and Swords.

Here is what I can do to help you.

There are two options:

Option #1

When the special order knife arrives here within a month I will ship your knife and
refund half of the money.

Option #2

Should you choose not to wait for another month then I will refund the money you
paid for the knife and the shipping cost.

This is the best I can do to help you for now. Sorry you have to wait longer than
normally to get the knife. You are not alone. There are others waiting patiently
for their special order Knives and Swords.

Once again I am very sorry for the delay.

Ms Martino has spoken and again has shown how gracious and generous she is. I garentee you will never find such wonderful customer service. A 20 Sher AK is worth the wait and I would just pay full price when it comes or donate the discount to the kami fund ... That's just a suggestion, do what you will but please understand the amount of work that goes into these.

Back