Delivery time

It was a special order, and by a requested kami, a 3 month wait is not abnormal, since HI is backlogged at least 6 months with custom orders. That was the last i heard about customs anyways.

Ditto what GB said as well.

Seriousbladeno 1 sent a special order on September 10th and the knife is still not done
because the Kamis were busy with previous orders and it took a longer
time to finish all the other special order items.

You placed your order and paid for the 20-inch special order Chiruwa Ang Khola
on September 10th. Beside you, there were other special order knives ahead of
you. This caused a delay on getting the special knives made quickly.

I knew it is not a good situation and there is not much I can do to speed up the
special order items at the moment. You are not alone. There are other ladies
and gentlemen who are waiting for their special order Knives and Swords.

Here is what I can do to help you.

There are two options:

Option #1

When the special order knife arrives here within a month I will ship your knife and
refund half of the money.

Option #2

Should you choose not to wait for another month then I will refund the money you
paid for the knife and the shipping cost.

This is the best I can do to help you for now. Sorry you have to wait longer than
normally to get the knife. You are not alone. There are others waiting patiently
for their special order Knives and Swords.

Once again I am very sorry for the delay.

Dear Mrs Yangdu Martino

Thank you for your answer and for your generous offer.I understand your issue related to delay caused by amount of orders.I'd like to explain cause of my confusion,because i have really no problem to wait patiently,if i know ahead of the time,what to expect in relation to delivery time.After placing order with HI,i have received information,this will take 6-8weeks to complete and this i suggested will be met.I counted with some possible delay (due to custom order)-lets say one or two weeks,but little did i know,order may take even 3-6 months to be completed (according some of the responses here),because i am your customer for first time ever-however i have some experience with custom orders from Kathmandu in Nepal.According our mutual conversations,knife should arrive in Reno early November,which didn't and this was later rescheduled and changed for December (order 4575).After expiring expected period initially given,i was looking forward very much and waiting for shipment or email about it being shipped and this caused my confusion and disappointment expressed earlier on.I would like to also apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvenience that might be caused by adding my point of view into this topic.

I'd like to wait Mrs Yangdu and go with option 1,because i really wish to have a chance to experience famous 20"CAK,i have already seen too many pictures and reviews on CAK model,which i believe is of unique,outstanding quality and craftsmanship.Knife that is branded as strongest,toughest and un-breakable by variety of experts.I think it is definitely worth to wait another month and in regards of half money refund,you left me speechless.This is very generous offer i have never come across before anywhere else and will gladly accept it.

Thank You Mrs Martino

Dear Mrs Yangdu Martino

Thank you for your answer and for your generous offer.I understand your issue related to delay caused by amount of orders.I'd like to explain cause of my confusion,because i have really no problem to wait patiently,if i know ahead of the time,what to expect in relation to delivery time.After placing order with HI,i have received information,this will take 6-8weeks to complete and this i suggested will be met.I counted with some possible delay (due to custom order)-lets say one or two weeks,but little did i know,order may take even 3-6 months to be completed (according some of the responses here),because i am your customer for first time ever-however i have some experience with custom orders from Kathmandu in Nepal.According our mutual conversations,knife should arrive in Reno early November,which didn't and this was later rescheduled and changed for December (order 4575).After expiring expected period initially given,i was looking forward very much and waiting for shipment or email about it being shipped and this caused my confusion and disappointment expressed earlier on.I would like to also apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvenience that might be caused by adding my point of view into this topic.

I'd like to wait Mrs Yangdu and go with option 1,because i really wish to have a chance to experience famous 20"CAK,i have already seen too many pictures and reviews on CAK model,which i believe is of unique,outstanding quality and craftsmanship.Knife that is branded as strongest,toughest and un-breakable by variety of experts.I think it is definitely worth to wait another month and in regards of half money refund,you left me speechless.This is very generous offer i have never come across before anywhere else and will gladly accept it.

Thank You Mrs Martino

Auntie sure is great, and I swear, I have never, ever, received the type of customer service , and generousity, that I have received from HI, and from auntie especially.

From my experience concerning custom orders, every time I have received my custom, it was usually 30 - 60 days longer than auntie had approximated. I think auntie does give customers the most optimistic time frame, and the blade doesn't usually quite arrive at the time quoted, usually it takes longer. I usually just shoot an email to auntie once a month after the date she gave me, and she'll just let me know, when the next shipment is coming, and we just hope that it is there...:). I will say this, even though the wait was pretty extensive for the blade that my wife ordered through auntie for my birthday, it is totally exquisite, and I would've waited a year, if I had known how beautiful it was going to be. My most beautiful khukuri is below....what a birthday gift, I was speechless. Granted, it was 3 months late, but it was way worth it!

I was expecting mine to show up in today's mail. When usps showed up while I was walking the dog I was like a kid waiting on santa! Then he left and no package :(. I only paid for it late in the day last Wednesday, like 4 pm (eastern time). Well, while eating dinner my dog went apeshit crazy. Opened the door and there it was! Not sure if they came back to drop it off or if the guy dropped it off at a neighbors, either way it's here!

So, I would say pretty fast shipping :)

I will def get some today or tomorrow. I also have a 5 week old at home that's been very cranky the last few days so it's constant with him. But I'll def post some pics! I took it out of the box, and it's gorgeous!

Auntie sure is great, and I swear, I have never, ever, received the type of customer service , and generousity, that I have received from HI, and from auntie especially.

From my experience concerning custom orders, every time I have received my custom, it was usually 30 - 60 days longer than auntie had approximated. I think auntie does give customers the most optimistic time frame, and the blade doesn't usually quite arrive at the time quoted, usually it takes longer. I usually just shoot an email to auntie once a month after the date she gave me, and she'll just let me know, when the next shipment is coming, and we just hope that it is there...:). I will say this, even though the wait was pretty extensive for the blade that my wife ordered through auntie for my birthday, it is totally exquisite, and I would've waited a year, if I had known how beautiful it was going to be. My most beautiful khukuri is below....what a birthday gift, I was speechless. Granted, it was 3 months late, but it was way worth it!

This is one amazing blade! What's its name and whats the dimensions of handle and blade itsself please? Engraving is just astonishing on it!

This is one amazing blade! What's its name and whats the dimensions of handle and blade itsself please? Engraving is just astonishing on it!

15" Silver Mounted Ang Khola made by Rajkumar. Dragon engraving on both sides of the blade was the custom. It didn't take too long to make, but they were backlogged on customs, but auntie "rushed it" as best she could. Even then, it came almost 3-4 months past the date she gave my wife. I don't mind the wait, because it was well worth it. This was my first blade ever from HI, you can imagine the first impression I got...:) That's why I now have over 26 blades, have since sold 6 blades, So I would've had 32 blades, and all bought in about 2 years.

15" Silver Mounted Ang Khola made by Rajkumar. Dragon engraving on both sides of the blade was the custom. It didn't take too long to make, but they were backlogged on customs, but auntie "rushed it" as best she could. Even then, it came almost 3-4 months past the date she gave my wife. I don't mind the wait, because it was well worth it. This was my first blade ever from HI, you can imagine the first impression I got...:) That's why I now have over 26 blades, have since sold 6 blades, So I would've had 32 blades, and all bought in about 2 years.

Thank you Cul,outstanding knife!

Hi to everybody.I have done and payed in full for my order+shipping in about 10th.of September and still,even after more than 3 months,this has not been shipped.Very disapointed with this sort of service.In the meantime,i have ordered also with another manufacturer of genuine Nepalese company,who does excellent job,craftsmanship,and however this is very well known and busy company,it took during pre-christmas peak time,two and half weeks to make the order including shipping from Nepal to Europe-which took exactly 3 days.
Now that you have an HI Khukri in hand please take a moment to reconsider the product and service you received with your new blade. I certainly hope you feel that the compensation these Kamis received for their hard work in fabricating a blade just for you beyond your expectations is fair and just. Enjoy your blade man!

Dear guys and all Himalayan Imports personel and Mrs.Yangdu Martino

I would like to once again,deeply apologise for my confusion over service and delivery time and my harsh reaction here,on this forum.
On the end,i am very glad,that i decided for first out of two options offered by Mrs.Yangdu Martino at the time...This was extraordinary act and generous offer from HI and Mrs.Martino in relation to their customer,as not only she offered full refund to me,if i'd option to step away,but half money refund,if option to wait further period of time...
Now,I know,it was well worth to wait,even my intentions were at the time to make this as a gift for Christmas for one lovely person after review and make another same order for myself,this did'nt happen so this Christmas present was destined to stay with me.It comes early january and i can not let this beauty out of my sight since.....It is truly amazing and toughest knife ever held in my hand,i started thread,where its full description is made and really,for all fans of huge,massive choppers and khukuri,this HI model (20"CAK) is the one,i would deeply and highly recommend and will recommend to all people,who may think,they allready have a tuff blade,untill they experience this piece first hand...This one is made by Sher,famous and well respected HI kami who according all sources,likes to make blades tough and thick! Man,who does and crafted this blade is truly a Master of his trade!
I hope,my apology will be accepted and that somehow explaining my circumstances at the time of my harsh reaction here.Thank you all.

Apology accepted, and I for one, am glad that you have an HI blade in hand, and now know the craftsmanship level that HI endorses, and sells, at more than fair prices.

Dear guys and all Himalayan Imports personel and Mrs.Yangdu Martino

I would like to once again,deeply apologise for my confusion over service and delivery time and my harsh reaction here,on this forum.
On the end,i am very glad,that i decided for first out of two options offered by Mrs.Yangdu Martino at the time...This was extraordinary act and generous offer from HI and Mrs.Martino in relation to their customer,as not only she offered full refund to me,if i'd option to step away,but half money refund,if option to wait further period of time...
Now,I know,it was well worth to wait,even my intentions were at the time to make this as a gift for Christmas for one lovely person after review and make another same order for myself,this did'nt happen so this Christmas present was destined to stay with me.It comes early january and i can not let this beauty out of my sight since.....It is truly amazing and toughest knife ever held in my hand,i started thread,where its full description is made and really,for all fans of huge,massive choppers and khukuri,this HI model (20"CAK) is the one,i would deeply and highly recommend and will recommend to all people,who may think,they allready have a tuff blade,untill they experience this piece first hand...This one is made by Sher,famous and well respected HI kami who according all sources,likes to make blades tough and thick! Man,who does and crafted this blade is truly a Master of his trade!
I hope,my apology will be accepted and that somehow explaining my circumstances at the time of my harsh reaction here.Thank you all.

I am a new member here, so my apologies if I overstep my bounds, but if you are truly as satisfied with the knife as you seem, have you considered refunding some of the refund? I believe the Kamis work on a type of commission system so a gesture of that nature would surely be appreciated on the other end as well.

Again, just my own personal opinion and no offense intended to anyone.

It's understandable to be annoyed when you're expecting something and not getting it. That would also come with not having dealt with HI before. I for one would expect at least a few months wait on a custom item, and knowing the quality and price of the blade, combined with knowing what their workshop is like and the tools they use, I'm quite happy to wait. :)

And I have to agree with guruguru here. I personally had a mix up with auntie about pricing on a khukuris shipping cost, Auntie only charged me standard US shipping instead of international, she told me to not worry about it and that she would pay for the rest personally. I was blown away. I was a complete stranger/new customer and she was so nice to me. I would have nothing of it and sent her the rest of the money immediately.

Although you have no obligation to send her the money back, I personally would.

Allow me to make clear that I would not think negatively of anyone who did not choose to pay extra after receiving a deal (I love a good deal as much anyone) and it's not my intention to pressure anyone to do so.

I only mentioned it because of my respect for high quality craftsmanship and, if my discount came out of the pocket of the craftsman, I personally would have no problem giving up the discount.

Or perhaps taking the money I saved and putting it towards a new purchase... :D

Oh yeah of course, I'm jus on the same track of mind as you. His business with Auntie is his business. Jus gave my two cents about the situation. He has no obligation to do anything. I would have done things slightly different, but alas, we are two different people, and he is happy with how things went down, so that is all I can say on the matter :)

I am a new member here, so my apologies if I overstep my bounds, but if you are truly as satisfied with the knife as you seem, have you considered refunding some of the refund? I believe the Kamis work on a type of commission system so a gesture of that nature would surely be appreciated on the other end as well.

Again, just my own personal opinion and no offense intended to anyone.

Yes, i have contacted Mrs.Yangdu Martino in this regards,still waiting for her answer

Seriousbladeno1, Email me your credit card details and will send refund amount less 10 % donations for Kamis
Thank you kindly for the donations for Kamis

glad this worked out for all involved, I will make some donations for these donations in order to facilitate more donations :D

let this be a reminder to all:

Donations count, when you give a dollar over what is requested to auntie you give directly to the kami's medical fund, the kami children education fund , and the kami party time fund-- so please , if you are able like I am, donate extra cash with every order, buy those knitted gifts , and over all lets not forget what a unique company this is and what great people are involved with it.

HI FOR LIFE !!!!!

and glad you stuck around serious, I think you will have serious case of HIKV in no time.

Back