1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Delta Heat Treat Questions

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by MadMax2015, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MadMax2015

MadMax2015

Mar 30, 2016
    This may be a dumb question but will all future GSO's have the Delta Heat Treat more specifically cpm 20cv or is it only the 3v? Logically I would think same heat treat process but could be wrong. Thank you

2. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Yes, all future 3V. Does not apply to 20CV

Silver Needle likes this.
  3. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Right. Every different steel requires a different heat treat process, and the one for 20CV has been improved over the years but it has not received a trade name.
    So the Delta 3V name only applies to 3V from a few select makers that collaborated on the project that developed that named heat treat protocol.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    David Lennon and Silver Needle like this.
  4. MadMax2015

MadMax2015

Mar 30, 2016
    do you know if or has there been any updates in regards the gso 12 and 6 going into production in July and August still? Im hoping production page hasn't been updated bc they are kickin ass in the shop and turning out knives! :)

5. MadMax2015

MadMax2015

Mar 30, 2016
    thank you as well and I pose the same question to you?

6. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I don't know anything more than what's published on their web site. Sorry.