Demko AD-15

I call them a full custom but the ti and blade are water cut. All other work grinding finishing are done by hand in my shop. Yes maybe to cheap.

Good lord, don't let these people get you to raise the price till after I buy one LOL guys with kids appreciate a reasonable price.
I call them a full custom but the ti and blade are water cut. All other work grinding finishing are done by hand in my shop. Yes maybe to cheap.

hi guys, The AD-15 is proving to be a great knife, in some tests the blades break before the handle or lock. However this all depends on the frame, for example the all ti frame holds more weight than the g10/liner model. The thickness of the ti liner also makes a difference in total strength. I tested a knife with .053" ti liner and it held about 275-300 pounds (weight 4" from pivot). The failure was the lower g10/ti it spread (under compression) and eventually buckled. Also the ALLTI went to about 400 pounds 4" from pivot and the blade broke,like a triad does. I have now modified the heat treatment to the same as I do on triads, so I do expect even higher numbers in my next round of testing.

Thank for the info! It's always nice to see makers share performance data like this.
Yeah i would imaging the Ti lockbar is not the point of failure here, since it extends to the entire back spacer. The weak point is probably the pivot that connects the bar and the lower handle.
Another question, have you tested the impact resistance for the lock? Have you experienced any lock slippage during your test? The reason i ask is that the triad lock bar and blade tang are cut in an angle that makes them "hook" together when engaged, but the scorpion lock contact point is a round metal rod going into a straight cut in the blade tang. I would imagine under certain condition it may be easier to slip off compared to the triad lock..

This is a very interesting design. Lots of possibilities with this one.

Very cool! Hoping it's as sturdy as the Tri-ad without needing the secondary locking mechanism--or "lawks" ;)

That is an amazing design. Mr. Demko's work never fails to impress.
TC
Hmmmm.....
I wonder if the arc of the blade that the "rocker bar" tides on had a different shape could it work as an assisted blade?
Once it reached a certain point could the rocker bar push the blade open? Just a thought.

Gorgeous knives, kind of like an open Triad design? There's still a lock bar that sets deep in tang, with spring tension at the butt end, but all open. I like it.

Gorgeous knives, kind of like an open Triad design? There's still a lock bar that sets deep in tang, with spring tension at the butt end, but all open. I like it.

It actually reminds me of a Triad that made sweet love to G&G Hawk's SLS and popped out the Scorpion as it's awesome love child.

Back