Denning Black Widow or Rinaldi TTKK

V-1

Was all set to order the Black Widow yesterday then I ran across the TTKK. I'm looking to pick up one of these. Help me make up my mind. Any thoughts on these knives from the owners? Thanks for the help.

I'm surprised no one has yet to respond to this message. I don't have either knife but would really like to own both. However, in my opinion, these two knives are really built/designed for entirely different purposes, but I don't want to put words in the maker's mouths. I've not held a TTKK but I have held a black widow and the widow is light as a feather.

For what purpose/use do want the knife? What will the knife be used for most of the time, if at all? If you can honestly answer those questions for yourself then it puts you much farther down the road in answering the design and materials questions.

Hope that helps some.

Never held a black widow – but held and own one TTKK.

Great knife with purposely deceiving looks, it is so un-intimidating in looks, it acutely can be mistaken for a kitchen knife.

Not to be mislead by this - it’s a great little knife and the workmanship, materials and design are first rate. Especially if you go for the D2 version like I did...

Get one of THR knives while the cost is still reasonable. It won’t stay that way forever you know ;)

Both makers are really great. I own only two THR knives :( , an Armegeddon in CPM-3V :) and a TTKK in BG-42 :D . I have owned and USED the TTKK for several years and I can honestly say it is a very versatile blade that works well in several roles, not just one like your typical "tactical". This knife is really a bargain when you consider how much you use it on a daily basis. Buy his work while you can afford it!

I also own 3 Geno Denning models but, not a Black Widow. Geno's knives are a bargain as well. Quality of construction among the best but, prices are competitive with lesser quality makers. Why not buy "classic" hunters from Geno :confused: ? Buy his work now, before he comes to his senses and starts charging what it's worth!

Between the two knives named, you will get much more use and versatility out of the THR TTKK. Would you really use a Black Widow in the kitchen? No. Would you carry a TTKK tactically? Yes. I literally use my TTKK every single day I am in the kitchen unless I need my BIG George Tichbourne K-6 (which is too big to carry around outside the kitchen ;) .

I just bought a BG42 TTKK from copfish. The TTKK has been on my wish list for quite some time, and now that I have one I wish I would have found one a long time ago. It fits my hand perfectly, is light and balanced, and the workmanship is outstanding. I haven't had the opportunity to hold a Black Widow, but I can't imagine it being much nicer. Sid's comments are right on the mark.

Mark

This is exactly what I'm looking for. General impressions from people who have owned/used the knives. I appreciate everyone taking their time out to post their opinions.

Well you are choosing between two of my favorite makers. I have handled both knives and like them both. I think the decision should come with comparing what the knife would be used for. I don't think the guestion should be which one to get, but which one to get first! I can say this, whichever one you choose, you will be happy with the quality.

Looks like I'm going w/ my first instinct...the Denning Black Widow. I'll post a review after a few months of use. Thanks for all of the advice.

Back