Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

I never met the man but Derek is the reason I got into traditional knives. The NW Hawthorne (2015) was my first traditional. As a matter of fact, every transaction I’ve had with KSF was a pleasure. RIP Derek.

Count me in. Thanks!

Tremendous gesture for a tremendous asset to the community. His legacy will certainly endure.
Please count me in.
OG

Hard to deny his enthusiasm! I know he would be very proud of his families work to keep his dream going! Kudos to them and also to you, PNWJimbo PNWJimbo ! I would love to be in.

Agreed Derek was an amazing passionate man that drew people to him every where. I love the vision he had with traditional knives.
Thank you for this generous gesture.
In please.

What a generous give a way! Honored to be in on this one.
I have this years Xmas card from Derrick on my kitchen table still. I just can't throw it away for some reason...

I've never met Derrick before but after watching him on Youtube talk about knives and also some of his church sermons on line and enjoying his week emails. He seemed like a real down to earth man. Vary carrying and wanted to produce a good product for anyone to enjoy and pass down to your own children. He brought back the way of traditional knives in such a way that it changed the industry and I hope that his legacy carries on in the future of KSF and for the GEC brand as a whole. I did truly feel for the families lose of such a man and prayers to them as they have to deal with this burden.

This is a generous gift Jimbo as you and we honor and remember Derrick Bohn of his accomplishments. That whom ever receive this gift will keep it and use it in remembrance of Mr. Bohn himself. So count me in and God bless.

This is a great way to honor the memory of a man that loved Traditional knives. I had the pleasure of meeting and being around Derek at the 2016 GEC Rendezvous. You could tell he was passionate about what he did. He was in many conversations with many individuals. It was easy to see he was just like the rest of us, a lover of Traditional knives. It would be a privilege to win a Fremont and use it in Derek’s memory! I’m in.

I too never met Derrick personally but I’ve always felt some kind of kinship both with knives and in a spiritual brotherhood. I watch a couple of the memorial services, including todays, and I really wish I had known him in person, but look forward to meeting him one day with Jesus.

Thanks Jimbo for the GAW!

I am in, thank you. My daughter has one of his knives for kids Bucks, and he was always a please to deal with both on the phone and through messages. He was one of the good ones and is already missed!

A selfless gesture and a wonderful tribute to a man that brought this community much joy. Thank you and well done, sir. I am in.

I have met and done business with Derrick several times! I miss him now, and will in the future!!
Having been the recipient of his generosity in the past, I will gratefully decline this most generous offer. Nice going, Jimbo!!
RIP Derrick!

I never met Derrick but his passion and respect for this hobby, his business and his customers was always obvious and as a result was a go to shop for me. He will be missed.

In and thank you for a great giveaway, Jimbo.

Last edited:
This is a most thoughtful and generous way to honor Derrick, I never had a chance to talk with him, but enjoyed doing business with KSF, and watched a few of his vids. The knife world lost a great one way too young with his passing.
I'm in, and thank you.

Last edited:
I’m in. This is a great post and done well in remembrance of Derrick. I’ve always had flawless transactions with KSF and the Fremont is what got me back in the slipjoints again. A great knife and I’m glad this what was released first after he passed.

In. I’m still in shock about the passing of Derrick. As a young pastor he helped me in so many ways by giving me advice. I went to him for everything. Funny thing about Derrick is that it was never about the Knives, it was about the people. I try every day to live up to his legacy. Thanks for the opportunity

Back