Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

Wow Jimbo.. Just wow..... I think Derrick would be so proud his enthusiasm and generosity is being carried on!... Count me in, I’d be proud to participate in any memorial associated with Mr. Bohns legacy!

Derrick was a one of a kind guy and I was blessed to have known him. News of his passing hit me pretty hard. He will be missed.

I’m in for a shot at one of these. Thanks for the opportunity!

Add me to the list of folks that never got to meet Derrick because, honestly, I got into traditionals much later than I should have. Even though I didn't meet him, I kinda feel like I knew him a little from the KSF newsletters and all the good I've heard about him from those who did know him. I have had one of his Northwoods(delta jack) and ended up moving it along because I couldn't bring myself to use such a beautiful knife. If I am lucky enough to win one of these, it will be a user, in tribute to a guy who meant so much to the community.

Beautiful gesture. Still, there’s nothing any of us can do to honor his memory any more than his family is already doing to carry on the company, the business, and the passion he had for what he did. Because of that, for us, he’ll never really be gone. My heart goes out to his family, in the hopes that our appreciation for all that he did for our hobby, in some small way, makes their loss more bearable.

Please count me in, as I’d love to have the opportunity to carry his memory forward with one of these two knives.

Derrick had a knack for knife design and marketing. I feel confident his legacy will live on through KSF. Im In. Thank you for the generous give away.

I’m in. Thanks for an incredibly generous GAW.

It was such a shock when I heard about this news. Derrick was such a positive influence in the community. Also a reminder to never take a day for granted...you just never know.

What a beautiful way to honor this wonderful man.
I live so very far away from the u.s. and never met him, still, seeing him on YouTube presenting his knives and work is what inspired me to start collecting and enjoying the world of traditional knives. I’d be extremely honored to carry a knife given away in his memory.
Im in - good luck everyone.

Very generous giveaway there Jimbo. Very generous... it's awesome! Also I appreciate you sharing that story and photo of you guys. He indeed was a great guy and a absoloutle asset in the knife community. I had a pm conversation with him and he was the most willing and courteous with his actions, period. What a great guy. Great family. Great company. Great knife brand. The list goes on. And so will his spirit.

IN

Last edited:
You're a good guy Jimbo - I miss Derrick very much - KSF will never be the same but we're holding up very well.
Thanks for doing this - J Rouch

Miss your videos and post Jim but love this tribute you posted today. Never got to meet him but did have a long phone conversation one day. Nice to see how well his family is carrying on the tradition over at KSF.

Please count me in on this one.

Thanks,
Tony

Very nice gesture Jimbo. All the best for the family of Mr. Bohn. He certainly made an impact in the traditional knife world and will always be remembered.

I'm in, thank you.

Not in, but thank you very much for a very generous GAW Jimbo.
Derrick will be greatly missed. His love for traditional knives was shown with carrying on the Northwoods brand. You could tell his love for the Lord, family & his family of emplyees was formost in his life.

Last edited:
In, please! Very generous GAW and thanks for the opportunity.
Never met Derrick, but spoke to him once on the phone long ago. He just had this certain je ne sais quoi about him that let you know he was a genuine dude.

I'm in as well.
Like many here, Derrick is one of the main reasons I took notice in the knife community and helped me really fall in love with traditionals. Hopefully we all continue to find ways to honor his memory and contributions. Thank you for the generous giveaway Jimbo
Best,
Collin

In.
He will never be forgotten as I'm sure his legacy will continue in the community.
Thank you for the opportunity

I'm in, and I appreciate the generous and thoughtful tribute. I think Derrick was rightly proud of the Northwoods series, and perhaps the Northwood Fremont Jack in particular.

I never met Derrick but he did so much for the knife community. He is truly missed.

In please and thanks for the generosity.

Back