Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

Having met Derrick on a couple of occasions, he is without a doubt going to be missed immensely in this great hobby of ours!
A fine man and fine family that's been through a lot. I will also decline but think it's a great thing you're doing, Jimbo!

great story Jim!
Derrick will allways be alive in his knives and in the special blade shape we user called Bohncliffe, like it is on the Fremonts!
I#m in and thanks Jim!

I wish I had the opportunity to have met the man but I never got the chance to. He was a real knife enthusiast.

I'm in please.

Very generous giveaway! I learned with absolute shock both that that KSF was planning to move to my town and of Derrick's passing on the same day. The knife community lost a great contributor and champion of business/values/traditional knives. Its great to see his family and business continue on with that legacy!

In for a very generous giveaway. I learned how to sharpen convex edges from Derrick’s videos. He will be missed

Spoke on the phone with him a few times and he was very kind. Northwoods got me into slipjoints and I hope his legacy is carried on and my condolences to his family. Best wishes to them all and thanks for the generous giveaway Jimbo!

I never met him, but bought from him, and he knew what he was doing. I have never been lucky enough to grab a Northwoods. Thank you for this generous GAW. I am in.

What a generous giveaway!

I agree. Anytime someone with a similarly strong passion in a hobby or area of interest passes unexpectedly it can feel like a loss to the whole community, especially someone with such a great reputation and far reach as Derrick.

I'm in.

I think spending time with family is one of the most important things in life. I really enjoy talking with the elders in my family and my fiancee's family about their experiences in the past and family history. Our family does lots of outings together and the outdoors is a big part of it.

I wish I had the chance to meet Derrick in person, I always enjoyed his videos. This giveaway is a fantastic and very generous way to honor his memory. I'll definitely be making my next purchase through KSF.

It was a sad loss for his family and the knife community. This is a really cool way to spread some more of his good will around. It's a nice thing you are doing in his memory.

Derrick and KSF was an excellent experience for me.. i spoke to him a couple of times on the phone and he was kind enough to help with a KSF POINTS issue another time. I continue to use KSF.

i am not in for the drawing.

Let’s keep supporting KSF

I am in. So glad to see the Northwoods line live on. His real legacy was his kindness, but the revival of Northwoods knives is something to be proud of as well.

I'm in and thank you for the generous chance ... from speaking with Derrick on the phone briefly a couple times it reflects him in his generousity and willingness to help others.

A few years ago me and my son went on a road trip from Kentucky stopping in Indiana and Illinois to see family. After leaving Illinois we headed up to knivesshipfree. While looking around the showroom and talking to I think Ben we told him of our road trip he told us to hang on and went and found Derrick. Derrick was amazed that we drove that far to see his store. He was very easy to talk with and made us feel welcome he even went in back and dug up a special knife for us.

Dave

Never had the honor of meeting him but he sure helped drive my enthusiasm as a new knife collector. He also struck me as a genuinely kind man. Thank you and I am in.

I talked to Derrick several times by phone over the years and always enjoyed the conversation. He made quite a splash in our beloved industry. He will definitely be missed. Please count me in. Thank you.

Not an entry, but a very generous GAW and a fantastic tribute/memorial to an influential member of the knife community!
Kudos to you, PNWJimbo PNWJimbo !! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Best wishes to all the entrants! :D:D

- GT

Back