Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

In.

Very generous GAW. TBH, should I win one I will sell it and either donate to charity on Derrick's behalf or send flowers to KSF courtesy of BF. Seems like the right thing to do.

Please count me in on the generous giveaway. We will continue to remember Derrick by his beautifully designed knives. What a great way to honor Derrick with this giveaway.

Please count me in. I only knew Derek through his videos but always enjoyed his enthusiasm and his contribution to our community.

Jimbo, this is an extremely generous GAW, one that reflects Derrick’s spirit 100%. I usually don’t enter these contests, but count me in, as I would be proud to carry either one of these handsome knives in Derrick’s honor.
Peace & strength to the Bohn family and the entire KSF crew.

I'm in. I always appreciated Derek's posts here and loved what he did and was doing with Northwoods knives. RIP.

I wish I could of got to meet him in person myself. He will be missed by many. Thank you for the opportunity for such a generous GAW. I'm in please.

To be honest I never knew of Mr.Bohn until I seen the thread posted of his passing. But through this forum and some YouTube watching, I have learned he was a much loved and respected man. I had browsed KSF on occasion, mostly with a "someday I'll afford one" attitude. I have much respect for anyone who has a passion and enthusiasm for "doing it the old way". Respect for a man who put quality above quantity,and traditions before the latest fad. Anyone who carries one of his knives carries a legacy to that passion. I'm sorry I did not know of him sooner. It would be an honor to win and carry one of these, if I may, count me in. Thank you.

I’m definitely IN. Got my first Slipjoint from Ksf, well the first one I bought, had a few as a kid that were given to me. GEC #15, sent me on the slippery collecting slope! I love what he did with the Northwoods line! Got a few already but no Fremont. If I win I’ll put it to use and one day pass it along to my boys, or their kids if they have some, (they’re still just finishing up kindergarten and grade2 so I won’t get too far ahead of things, lol!). I’ve got a few others from Ksf too, even a couple that Derrick had input on like the Bionic xl, and m4 Stryker. You could just tell how genuine his love of knives and the knife community was. I never met him but somehow kinda feel like I knew him a bit, and will miss him.

Bless Derek and pease be with his family. Please count me in.

What a huge loss to the knife community as a whole, and especially to the traditional knife community where I think he really set a new standard for production slipjoints. This is a very generous giveaway, so thank you for the opportunity and please count me in.

Last edited:
I also never had a chance to meet Derek. But he seemed like a genuinely nice man and a huge asset to the knife world. He will be sorely missed. Please count me in, I’d be happy to carry one of his knives.

Chris

I was hoping to meet Derrick in person at the Rendezvous last year but missed him. I was on a few of his live Facebook streams and watched many of his videos. I remember trying to buy a Fremont Jack off the KSF website a few years back and that is when I discovered just how popular they are. Finally got the Fremont. I was anxious to hear what the next big release would be but never imagined it would be the one that had started my search.

So glad his family and team are carrying on and doing him proud.

Very nice of you PNWJimbo. Please count me in.

,,,Mike in Canada

Last edited:
I would be honored to be considered In for one of these.

PNWJimbo PNWJimbo Much like your meeting Derrick, I have only met you once, and it is odd that your appreciation for the knife you made at the BRK Grind-in was present near immediately.
In typical knife-knut behavior, a little "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" tool place. I happened to be carrying my Roundhead that I modded into a Barehead, and you immediately took out your finished product from the Grind-In. We each had admired the others work, and had a nice little chat.
It was an honor to meet you and I would be honored to carry one of these knives.

I haven't met Derrick, but he does pop in my head about once or twice a week. I loved checking out his emails, and while I may not have been in the market at the time it was still good to hear from a vendor that was much more than that. Knives were his passion, as was his family. Both of these were apparent in his communications.

Thank you.

I have not entered in any giveaway before, always felt that others are more deserving. I will always associate Derek with the passion I found for collecting traditional knives. Discovering his videos, and his absolute dedication to the Northwoods knives got me hooked. It was exciting to see what he would be coming out with next. Hearing of his untimely passing was a shock. I have been part of the knife world for many years, it is so sad to loose so many friends and people I admire.

I've only had a couple of Northwoods knives pass through my hands, and I regrettably let both go. I learned a ton about traditional knives from his videos, and his contributions to the community were huge. I wish I'd been able to pick up one of these Freemonts, I've always loved the pattern, I'd be delighted to carry it.- please count me in :)

A fitting tribute, Jimbo. Thanks for sharing your story and pic. It has really been incredible to read the outpouring of support. I’m in on your generous giveaway.

Back