Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

I'm in.

I'd be mad not to be in for one of these in any case, let alone with the opportunity to carry one in memory of Derrick Bohn. I only met the man briefly, but as a knife knut I have certainly felt his impact. I loved watching his videos, and I appreciated how friendly he was when I spoke to him at the OKCA show the time that we chatted. His loss was shocking, and he is missed.

I'm in, Derrick was a pillar of this community, we never know what the future holds. Prayers for his family and I would be honored to own one of theses knives.

Hello members of the porch,

It is a feeling of great sadness that compels me to post today. I'm not sure why I feel such a loss for a man I only met once, but Derrick Bohn was truly one of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure to come across. For this reason, I feel like spreading a little 'Christmas Joy' in the form of one of his signature Northwoods models, the Fremont Jack. I just love the contrast between the matte OD Green and the Polished RLM. Makes me think of pine trees and candy canes... and being with family. Please take some time out of your day to think of Derrick and his family as you enter yourself IN on this post. Each member gets 1 in and I will pick 2 winners in a few days. Thank you all, and enjoy your weekend, hopefully with some loved ones!

-Jimbo

H5Drppg.jpg

EDIT:

A little more on the 'Christmas in June' theme - It was exactly one year ago that I was lucky enough to attend the Summer Bark River Grind-In. Derrick and his whole family made me feel right at home and hooked me up with a bunch of KSF swag... it was a dream come true. I just figured I'd try to spread some of the same kind of Joy I know he would be.

948d3b3c66c2d17ce7f5cbdb47d3587d.png
948d3b3c66c2d17ce7f5cbdb47d3587d

I found Derrick through his YouTube videos. I fell for his positivity and passion for slipjoints. He actually had a big impact on my life during a rut I was in and that says a lot, considering we never met in-person. Please count me in.

Last edited:
Count me among the many who have expressed the sadness felt by the loss of Derrick, and count me in for this wonderful expression of community in the spirit of Derrick.

Hello members of the porch,

It is a feeling of great sadness that compels me to post today. I'm not sure why I feel such a loss for a man I only met once, but Derrick Bohn was truly one of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure to come across. For this reason, I feel like spreading a little 'Christmas Joy' in the form of one of his signature Northwoods models, the Fremont Jack. I just love the contrast between the matte OD Green and the Polished RLM. Makes me think of pine trees and candy canes... and being with family. Please take some time out of your day to think of Derrick and his family as you enter yourself IN on this post. Each member gets 1 in and I will pick 2 winners in a few days. Thank you all, and enjoy your weekend, hopefully with some loved ones!

-Jimbo

H5Drppg.jpg

EDIT:

A little more on the 'Christmas in June' theme - It was exactly one year ago that I was lucky enough to attend the Summer Bark River Grind-In. Derrick and his whole family made me feel right at home and hooked me up with a bunch of KSF swag... it was a dream come true. I just figured I'd try to spread some of the same kind of Joy I know he would be.

948d3b3c66c2d17ce7f5cbdb47d3587d.png
948d3b3c66c2d17ce7f5cbdb47d3587d

What’s up Jim, we miss you on your Facebook group and your YOUTUBE channel buddy! I didn’t know Derrick, but I loved what he did with the Northwoods brand and always enjoyed watching his YOUTUBE vids. It’s was a sad day for the knife community when he passed, but He leaves behind an amazing legacy. May the the Lord keep him. Count me in buddy, thanks.

Derrick lived life the right way and left a true legacy behind. His customer service was top notch and his faith was strong. RIP Derrick.

I'm in.:thumbsup:
I only had a couple conversations with Derrick. One of them involved a problem with my credit card. It was hacked and funds were taken shortly after I bought a knife from KSF. KSF had nothing to do with it but I wanted him to know what happened. He was more upset about it than I was. He wanted to help me anyway possible. A real class act. I feel for his family and friends for their great loss.:(

All my best to KSF, and I hope the Northwoods line continues.

I'm in, and thank you.

I have ordered countless knives from KSF never had a single problem. I always enjoyed Derricks videos he made on youtYou. I did not know him personally, but I think just this thread alone says a lot about the man. Reading through everyone's comments tells me he was a heck of a good dude. And his business practices also speaks to the fact the man had a lot of integrity. I know the day I saw he passed I was truly affected. He was a very big part of our community weather we knew him personally or not. I feel he will be truly missed by many. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all those close to him. Thanks Derrick for all you have given to many people.

Have ordered from KSF a few times. Recognize Bohn from Bark river vids and others looked up on YT. Always sad to lose someone you admired. Condolences to you and his family. Very generous of you, would like to be in for drawing. Thank you.

His Genuine kindness honesty will always be remembered all that new him, and by those who dealt with him. Rest In Peace.
I am in please and thank you.

I never knew of KSF until a security guard at a former employer who was also a knife guy told me about them. Shared a couple email exchanges with Derek and always seemed to be a genuine and purely good hearted person. His passing has left a hole in in the community.

I guess it goes without saying that I would proudly carry one of these knives, count me in.

Count me in. Loved watching Derricks YouTube videos. I feel like I knew him personally, though I never met. Truly a terrible loss.

I feel awful for his family and friends. He always seemed like a guy who would be fun to be around. I've always enjoyed his social media presence as well. This is an awesome gesture Jimbo! Count me in!

I'm in, thanks for the generosity!

I was talking to a buddy at work the other day about his upcoming retirement and the subject of "you just never know" came up -- I mentioned my wife's 33 YO cousin who died of a heart attack back in October and then started telling him about Derrick's "packing the truck despite this terrible headache" post on FB, when I was interrupted and asked "are you talking about Derrick?!?" -- I hadn't mentioned any names, but my buddy had known him for years.
If I win, the knife will be going to my buddy.

Back