Derrick Bohn "Christmas in June" Memorial Giveaway

What’s up Jim, we miss you on your Facebook group and your YOUTUBE channel buddy! I didn’t know Derrick, but I loved what he did with the Northwoods brand and always enjoyed watching his YOUTUBE vids. It’s was a sad day for the knife community when he passed, but He leaves behind an amazing legacy. May the the Lord keep him. Count me in buddy, thanks.
I'm in. Great man. He will be missed but so glad I have some of his fantastic work to remember him by.

Nice of you do do this.

I haven’t yet got a Northwoods knife but spoke to Derrick a couple of times re: my few orders from him for sheaths, etc.

Straight shooter and so sad that he passed so young. I wish his family well and hope their business flourishes after the move and shock of Derrick’s passing.

I'd love to get in on this GA. Derrick had some funny videos and seemed like a very grounded person. It's a fitting sign of his generosity and genuine love of knives as a business owner that people here as consumers and friends want to memorialize him. Outstanding thread!

In. I always looked forward to his weekly emails, always had good advice about family also. He will be missed by many.

I've been MIA from the site for quite some time now, but I'd love to throw my hat in the ring here - IN!

Like many folks have already expressed, I never had the pleasure of meeting Derrick but news of his passing hit me pretty hard. I actually visited KSF when it was still in Oregon and picked up a Northwoods Broadway Jack before I even knew the story behind them. The kind clerk pulled several specimens off the shelf for me to pick from and even temporarily removed them from the online store so no one else could buy them form under me. This was 2015, when it took days not minutes for a run to sell out! I get the impression that this was exactly how Derrick treated people, and as a business owner myself I greatly appreciate how he could get his employees to share the same values. I've been carrying that BJ a lot recently, and I'd be honored to carry one of these Fremonts in his memory.

- T

Derek was one of the good guys. I remember the "knives for kids" program he did. Im
sure he helped create a whole new generation of knife users.

Derrick’s passion is what got me into traditional knives. He seemed like such a great individual and I would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet and talk with him. Gone too soon.. RIP Mr. Bohn.

Thank you Jimbo for the GAW opportunity.

Miss Jimbo TV, the family is rolling on with out you........i miss Derrick Bohn big time , I met him many times when I visit Escanaba 4 times a year....he was a friend, fellow knife guy who loved flying his awesome plane.He did not push his pastor side of life, but it slowly came out over the years, as we felt more at ease. I'm am glad to be entering this awesome giveaway by an awesome man.....I am In , RIP DERRICK BOHN

It's always too early to leave this world and I am sincerely sad of that.
Please count me in, this is a generous opportunity to get a Northwood.

I'm in...Derrick was definitely a man of good faith; an example that so many young and old could look up to, and hopefully strive to be like. Both humble and brilliant-so sorry he left family and friends/admirers so soon. But God needed him, and now He has a good man helping him out up there^^. Mr. Bohn left his legacy here, and I'm sure He is continuing one still, as we speak..
Thanks Jimbo, for the chance to obtain a piece of his great legacy..

I'm in!.... Just started collecting GEC's and Northwoods last November (2017) when I just by chance came across one of Derrick's videos on YouTube. He was so enthusiastic about the knife he was showing (a GEC) I jumped on his site and purchased one.
Like many of you I am now 11 knives, both GEC and Northwoods, into the hobby. Thanks Derrick for introducing me to a wonderful hobby and great group of people. And thank you Jimbo.

Very thoughtful and heart warming thread Jimbo . KSF use to be 5 minutes away from me in Hillsboro Oregon . Bought my first Chris Reeve 21 in mammoth bark ivory directly from Derrick . It feels like yesterday !
Such a tragic loss that Weighs heavily on my heart as he was such a nice guy and down to earth . Also Bought my First Barkies from Derrick in Hillsboro. KSF really got me into collecting knives .
Thank you Jimbo for this beautiful and thoughtful thread and kindly count me in.
Thank you :)

I never had a chance to meet him although I felt like I knew him. My only Northwoods knife will always be something special. Count me in.

I'm in. I've been thinking a lot about Derrick and Dave Shirley when carrying my Northwoods since Derrick's passing. I always enjoyed supporting a great company and a great human being when buying from KSF. Thanks for the generosity Jimbo. I hope the winners will make these knives users as Derrick always wanted Northwoods knives to be used.

Back