Derrick Bohn has passed away

Derrick was a great asset to the knifecommunity and it has been a pleasure to deal with him during the last 11 years.
RIP Derrick and Thank You for all the fun You brought to us.

Mikael:(

Condolences and prayers sent to the family,
it's so sad the community lost him especially at this age, he was too young

This is my first post in the forum but I just wanted to repeat what others have said: I received excellent treatment as a customer from Derrick and I got the impression from our exchange of e-mails that he was a stand up guy and great person.

I'll miss him if only for how kind and patient was with a stubborn man like me :(

I never had the honor of doing business with him, but I feel like I know the man. I will always remember his video about kids knife program and his follow up balloon video. I feel he did a great service to the knife community, and he will be missed.

I’ve done most of my knife business with KSF since Derrick introduced his kids programs. It struck me immediately with its vision and generosity. My subsequent interactions with KSF were just stellar. I hope it can continue. I certainly plan on giving the company my business, assuming Wendy will be continuing.

In memory - Derrick.

If they've got Wi-Fi up in heaven, Derrick, then I hope you know that you'll be missed down here. My best chance of meeting you was always in that life and not this one. Get the forge up there warmed up for us but don't let them start the party without us. We'll do our best to take care of things down here.

First high end knife I got for myself was a mammoth Northwoods Freemont Jack. I never spoke with Derrick directly, but it was his character as a genuine person that made want to do business with him. I'm confident that we will continue to see that kind of character in the great company that he built with his friends and family.

Rest easy Derrick

Really sad news. Thoughts with his family and the KSF team and especially during this time with their move to Tennessee without their awesome leader. Was one of the best knife enthusiasts around and will be missed for a very long time.

What a loss. Great guy, will miss catching him on the phone on occasions.

Very sad. Purchased my first knife from him. Prayers to the family and my condolences. A great man has been lost.

Last edited:
My Condolences to his family. He really was a nice guy. I bought two knives from his business, a Northwoods camelbone jack knife and the exclusive BM M4 Stryker, and each time he included a welcome card he wrote himself.

Condolences to his wife, children and knivesshipfree Family.
Bought some of their last blackjacks a few years ago.
Great man, great company!

I posted this in Carl's Lounge in the traditional forums but since this seems to be a better place to say something about what a great guy he was I'm posting it here..

I did a GAW and contacted Derrick about purchasing a $100 gift certificate for the winner. He said it would be no problem that he would issue a store credit to the winner then he said " let's make it $150 and I'll cover the other $50." Now I was a customer but not a great customer I have only bought 6 or 7 knives from KSF but that didn't matter to him he simply liked the idea and wanted to give back to our little community. If memory serves me correctly @black mamba won that GAW and bought a Bark River sheath knife.
Derrick my friend you sir will be sorely missed by many and to your family our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Randy

Back