Derrick Bohn has passed away

I agree, keep thinking that there must have been some error in all this, doesn't seem real, but you know it is and it's just a weird feeling. A close friend of my passed away about this time last year, I'm still not quite over that, his was from 'stuff' that got into his lungs while on a river boat in Viet Nam, USS St Francis, his name was Keith Alan Lain, one ship shape sailor too.
He had me take his wedding photos, the bridal party wore camo dresses and both him and the pastor were wearing pistols, we were down deep in the PA Grand Canyon where he has a cabin he spent time in the winter there...a very happy soul

Keith Lain by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I don't know how I missed seeing this horrible news. :(
What a tragic, very sad, loss to the knife community. My heart goes out to his family- I wish them success & happiness, carrying out Derrick's dream. I never got the opportunity to meet Derrick in person, but he sure was a great guy to talk with on the phone. RIP, Derrick

river boat in Viet Nam, USS St Francis, his name was Keith Alan Lain, one ship shape sailor too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
He had me take his wedding photos, the bridal party wore camo dresses and both him and the pastor were wearing pistols, we were down deep in the PA Grand Canyon where he has a cabin he spent time in the winter there...a very happy soul

Keith Lain by GaryWGraley, on Flickr
G2

Thank you for sharing this very touching tribute/memory, to this very special person, GG. :)

Wow I just found out about this from the comments in one of his YouTube videos. Another great loss to the knife community. Condolences to Wendy, their family, friends, and coworkers.

I agree, keep thinking that there must have been some error in all this, doesn't seem real, but you know it is and it's just a weird feeling. A close friend of my passed away about this time last year, I'm still not quite over that, his was from 'stuff' that got into his lungs while on a river boat in Viet Nam, USS St Francis, his name was Keith Alan Lain, one ship shape sailor too.
He had me take his wedding photos, the bridal party wore camo dresses and both him and the pastor were wearing pistols, we were down deep in the PA Grand Canyon where he has a cabin he spent time in the winter there...a very happy soul.
I have visited the PA Grand Canyon. Very scenic spot. These things just seem to happen unexpectedly. I noticed a mention about Derrick in the latest KSF email this week. They moved to TN from MI and I never had the opportunity to meet him. I still think about DB. And yes, I'm glad that KSF has continued to march on. For my area, they are rather a speciality type knife dealer.

Back