Derrick Bohn has passed away

Definitely a huge loss for this community. Derrik was the picture of a stand up guy. I will miss his videos and Christmas cards. Love and prayers for his family and loved ones. Thanks for being kind soul and rest in peace Derrik.

RIP Derrick. My condolences to the Bohn family. Your enthusiasm and shining light in the knife community will be missed.

Derrick added so much to this hobby and community, but I think his positivity was perhaps was the biggest thing. He always seemed so happy and straightforward. Although I never met him in-person, he made an impact in my life and there aren't too many people about whom both those things are true. I think that really says something about him. My condolences to the Bohn family.

Been a customer of KSF for quite a few years now.
Derrick was a great guy and will be deeply missed around BF.
Rest easy brother.

My condolences and prayers for his wife and family.

Terrible loss. A genuinely decent man that I enjoyed interacting with. He always had a good word and a helping hand.

Will

Wow I just read this...terrible news and so sudden:( Prayers coming from Texas for his family!

Prayers to his family and coworkers. Knivesshipfree has been my go to place for folders and Northwoods knives when I was lucky enough to snag one.

I loved that they had every Chris Reeve you could think of. I’ve spent hours looking at the different patterns and comparing wood grains on the inlays.

Hopefully they can keep the business going.

A sad loss for his family and our community.

I loved to visit his website, always got top level service, and he created some beautiful knives that will be cherished for generations.

Smoke and Prayers up from Montana!
Condolences to his family and co-workers.

Dave

The darker the night,
The brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief,
The closer is God.

My deepest condolences to Derrick’s family. God rest his soul.

We learned the terrible sad news of Derrick Bohn's passing today. The accolades of Derrick and the business that he built with his wonderful team and family cannot be overstated. But Melissa & I want to share that on a personal note, the story of the Bohn's family has been an inspiration to us personally. Derrick & Wendy created a business around their passion and interest and entered an industry that was full of many good qualified competitors. They brought enthusiasm and energy to the market, and lifted the standards of an entire industry. The did not divide the pie with other suppliers. Rather they grew the entire market, and their passion passed on to everyone they interacted with. This is the mark of true excellence and an example we have been humbled to observe.

Derrick & Wendy showed us that it is possible to blend one's work and passion into a fun and successful business. Their mission always seemed to serve a higher purpose and from that they elevated the example for all of us to follow. Derrick's presence will be missed tremendously by us personally. But the inspiration they have given us will last our lifetime. With our most sincere and heartfelt sympathies for the Bohn family and Knives Ship Free, Lee & Melissa Tigner

Lee and Melissa Tigner

Olde Towne Cutlery

740 Smith Circle

Dawsonville GA 30534

770-344-8920, 706-525-0491

Lee@OTCutlery.com

Melissa@OTCutlery.com

www.oldetownecutlery.com

Derrick's passion for the cutlery market was abundantly clear. I went back and watched his video on the Norfolk, one of my favorites, and I just enjoyed his energy and vision.

Such a terrible loss, he will be sorely missed.

Very sad news indeed; Derrick will be sorely missed. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I could not believe this when I first read it.....what a gut punch!

I am so sorry; prayers for the family and the community.

Back