Design Contest!

Jarrett Fleming

Hey Folks,
I think Allen had a great idea doing a design contest a while back and I have been wanting to do one for a while.
So let's do this! Here is how it will work:
Draw up your design enter it here in this thread by September 14th. I'm completely open to any type, size, shape, etc go wild!
On September 14th by midnight I'll pick a winner. The winner will receive a free knife of the winning design, and also have the choice to name it.

The designs entered will become property of Jarrett Fleming Knives and I will retain the right to use the designs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Have fun with it!!

Jarrett

Great Idea on the design contest Jarrett and thank you for the opportunity.

Now I really like the No Name knife clip one-off that you made for a friend:thumbup:, so I thought I would try my hand at a clipped blade but for EDC use.
I started out the basic design with the Itty Bitty ( which I drew up on the plans also), stretched the blade to be 3 1/2" to make it legal on most states and stretched out the handle also. OAL 7 1/2"
I moved the center line up so that the tip of the clip matched the back butt top. And made a nice pronounced swedge. unsharpened of course.
I drew in lines for a drop point or straight clip also but I like a nice curved clip. Would look cool also with a bolster...

Interesting design very stabby and definitely different than the norm! Nice job Steve.

I forgot to mention in the OP I'll allow up to 3 entries per person
Keep em coming!

211qlwo.jpg

Sorry about the crappy photo and paper.

Well Jarrett in looking over your current knives...I didn't see a Kitchen knife. So here is one...tried again to keep in a handle that you are using. I think a black bolster would look real good.
This is for a paring knife or Petty...but I'm sure it can be lengthened up to >8 in blade. I like my swedges.

All the details with finishing, pins, lanyard holes, materials, etc. up to you. Click image icon to see it, sorry for not being great at posting pictures.

P6AGi

Sorry 7MWoQ16 but can't see any pictures. Look forward to seeing your new design. If you want email me the picture and I'll see if I can load them up for you on my photobucket. I won't steal the design:eek::cool::D...want Jarrett to see it to pick out his favs.

Hi Jarrett,

This is an awesome and fun opportunity. Thanks for providing it. In your later posted you mentioned that you would take three designs per person. Here are my three designs.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hello . :)

Here the sketches which I propose with for comparison a Rodent 4 an overall length of 9.5¨ . ;)

P1090973.JPG

This is my second drawing that I'm submitting. I'm using the same method of getting the image url off of Imgur and putting it into the "insert image" button. It shows up as the little image icon under my typing, and I can see it by right clicking on that and selecting "open in new tab". One guy said he couldn't see it, though, so PLEASE let me know if you can see the image I'm submitting. Thanks!

ReaBb

I'm in, here is mine, the heron. May come up with another one or two if I can. Maybe try to get a folder version together.

As the name indicates inspired by great herons and that head/beak shape and crest. Their graceful movements as they hunt or fly.
8.25" OAL - General or EDC. The blade shape allows for multiple functions and handle to blade design to give good room for grip and control or detailing.
Sweeping forms giving a forward momentum feel echoing the motions of the heron. With comfortable arcs the handle fills the palm generously without too much bulk or hotspots.
A secure comfortable grip for long use or those with grip pain with smaller forms. The overall form could be also thinned down slightly for a sleeker feel without compromising the overall design or intent.

28919693823_1d20b1d33c_b.jpg

28909429124_4cb94ae36a_b.jpg

28923494174_b9ab49fc10_b.jpg

28924057264_413c81ae88_b.jpg

Thinner blade variant
29515723971_61920a6546_b.jpg

800px-Great_Blue_Heron_Portrait.jpg

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Great_Blue_Heron_Portrait.jpg

Last edited:
Back