Design Suggestions

First, let me compliment Wilson on some very handsome knives.

May I be so bold as to make some suggestions?

The flippers found on some of your knives would look better with fine checkering consistent with the grips of Wilson's handguns (see pic below) and/or skeletonized as found on Wilson's handgun hammers (see pic below). The jimping on your blades would benefit from checkering as well. In the very least, you can design the flipper to resemble a handgun hammer one way or another.

Example of Wilson Checkering:
100B.jpg

Example of Wilson Skeletonized Hammer:
455%20hammer.jpg

The current lock bar stabilizer can be replaced with a Hinderer style lock bar stabilizer in the form of your Wilson emblem (the one found on your handgun grips - pic below). Otherwise, you could simply inlay the emblem into the the other side of the knife for aesthetic & branding purposes.

Wilson Emblem:
emblem3.jpg

The cutting surface of your blades are great but the rest of the blade needs some subtle styling. The following picture of the Hinderer XM-18 is just one example of subtle styling that does not diminish functionality (I don't mean to tout Hinderers; the XM-18 is simply what comes to mind at the moment).

Example of Elegant Blade Styling (Hinderer XM-18):
xm18-1.jpg

The model name on the blade (e.g. "COMBAT ELITE") should be all together removed or made to be very very tiny as Benchmade does as it looks a bit gimmicky as is (comments on YouTube reviews echo this sentiment - sorry).

Speaking of gimmicky, I'm not sure if you want a skull to be attached to your knife lanyards as they just don't look very professional - definitely inconsistent with your brand and quality knives.

I believe the suggestions above would not only pay homage to the design of your incredible firearms but also improve the functionality and aesthetics of what are already top quality knives.

Wilson's Rapid Response Folder (RRF):
RRF_1.jpg

austinguy,
Some great ideas here.....stay tuned, as there are some major changes coming for our line of knives....

Back