Design Your “Perfect” Knife

JK Knives

I don’t want to call this a contest, there is no prize, but I would like to see your design of what you consider your perfect knife.

Already did.....

The Tool.;)

jm6V2fE.jpg

I spent a couple of months sketching out the design I wanted only to have you beat me to it! Honestly the Camp Knife was 90% of what I was going to ask you to build. Only tweaks would have been Orange G10 scales a d the choil I sketched out was a little more pronounced. It's close to my perfect knife right out of the box.:D

This is a knife I first started designing about a year ago. I've still not figured out what blade shape I want. I started with a simple drop point, then extended it a bit, then I did a spear point. I'll probably draw up another one with a drop point somewhere between the current drop point and the spear point. I don't think I want a clip point, leaf blade, or wharncliffe, but I'll probably draw one up with each just to see if anything clicks.

It's a +-6" OAL pocket-friendly everyday carry knife. Handle is right at 3" and fits great as a three-finger knife. I originally wanted it in 1/16" stock, but I really think 5/64" is my sweet spot. I have kitchen knives in 1/16" that are incredible but might be just a bit too thin for carry purposes. 3/32" stock is great for carry purposes, but it can be a bit thick for food purposes, imo. I have one knife in 5/64", and it is super slicey but doesn't feel flimsy.

I definitely want wood handles, something like a cocobola, rosewood, ebony, etc. with a HUGE copper front pin, a pair of smaller copper pins, and a copper lanyard tube. Copper liners would be icing on the cake.

I have hopes and dreams of making knives one day, and this would be right at the top of what I would make.

20180701_203910.jpg

Please excuse my chicken scratch and rough draft drawings. Artist, I am not.

The one in your signature has always been one of my favorites. ;^)

best

mqqn

IMG_3072.JPG

Not my perfect knife per say you've pretty much made those with the Rule #9 and the Element hunter. I did draw this up a while back can't remember the specs though.

I really like this one! The only problem I see is that it would have to be micarta handles, wood only comes in 5” long pieces.

Back