Designated Political Arena constructive criticism & suggestions for improvements thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camel-a is a racist slur, you're replacing a brown woman's name with a brown animal so it's exactly like comparing a black person to a monkey.

I actually despise Kamala she is one of the most snide people in politics but calling her Camel-a???? Sounds pretty racist to me.
I prefer "Kamala-toe" myself. Or perhaps "Willy Brown's Repository" also has a nice ring to it too...:D But if it's offensive to your sensitivities, I'll be happy to refrain... Are you familiar with the term "Camel Toe?" (If not, I'm guessing you can find some pics in W&C or that "other place"). Do you believe that term to also be racist? Do you own any knives with Camel-bone scales? If so, maybe you should sell that "racist" thing right quick.

It is still being discussed because some of you can't let it go and move on. Why not give it a try? Go back to the PA and discuss to your heart's content. Continuing to defend a position that has been ruled against seems like a waste of time here and surely won't end well.

So with that in mind, I'll bow out of this thread. Someone has to be the bigger person. Now go ahead, have the last word.
Word.

O'butthole is offensive, stupid and not allowed. Not every impropewr comments gets axed depending on context, like a series of comments all equally bad and equally criticized. You can't just pluch it out of context.
Camel-toe, well I find that offensive like I find pictures of Michelle Obama with a penis or unkind comments about melania, and I do criticize them, but where it is a relevant politcal statement about how manly Barack was relative to Putin, for example, it's discouraged but allowed if subtle enough.
I caught hell for using O'bama when his supporters made a big deal about his race. I also used Trumpf. If you think those are racist abominations then I can't help you, politics are not for you.
I don't think I've said anything about racism?....

If you're not intelligent enough to make an argument, of if your argument isn't strong enough, that you have to resort to silly namecalling, then maybe you shouldn't be arguing politics in the first place. Political discussion without namecalling, both about each other and the political figures in question, is absolutely possible, and if you're incapable, then maybe you shouldn't be participating in, much less moderating, such a forum.

As a moderator you're supposed to lead by example. And to your credit, you have, but as a very bad example. People follow your lead, and because if you do it, it's OK for everybody else to do it. And because the PA forum leans so heavily in one direction, when one person has a dissenting opinion, all the namecalling and dogpiling (I won't call it group think) becomes tantamount to bullying. Even if it's about a political figure and not the member. Look at the turd that just got flushed, @Feca10ne. Because he has a beef with W&C (apparently while he was using one of his multiple previous accounts) he labeled everybody there "liberals", when that's actually pretty damn far from the truth. It's also quite amusing that he accuses the W&C regulars of exactly the same thing he gleefully participated did in the PA. It's no wonder that the PA has turned into the absolute shitshow it is (hopefully was).

I can't believe I have to explain this to a grown-ass man.

You replied "Loud and clear" to Spark's decree, but then right here you said that it's impossible. What can anybody make of this except that you're not the man for the job?

For the record, I'm not solely blaming you for what the PA has become. Lots of people are at fault there.
I think... since you are a "Gold Member", that you can come to the PA and debate issues as well... and you can set a positive example for others to follow. I'd welcome that. See you there!

I must admit that I laughed at the comparison of PA regulars to the likes of Voltaire, Swift and Paine in defense of whatever “witty” camel-based epithet was used. Thanks for the chuckle.

I must admit that I laughed at the comparison of PA regulars to the likes of Voltaire, Swift and Paine in defense of whatever “witty” camel-based epithet was used. Thanks for the chuckle.
Me too... Voltaire, Swift and Paine are hanging out over in W&C with Alfred...:D

I think... since you are a "Gold Member", that you can come to the PA and debate issues as well... and you can set a positive example for others to follow. I'd welcome that. See you there!

Pretty sure you won't.

Some of you PA regulars are accusing others of trying to nuke the PA (which is true in my case, but I don't speak for everybody) but the truth is, if the few vaguely leftish people that post there quit posting there, the PA would probably dry up on it's own because the sort of folks that currently inhabit that place and make it so terrible are driven by a need to 'own the libs' in whatever way they can. Be it with 'triggering' pet names like you use above or something similar.

Seeing decent people react negatively is what you dig. That's why some of you can't help yourself when you are posting in another section of the forums and you let fly with one of your political comments. You are bored with the PA because everybody over there agrees with you but you crave that negative interaction with 'the libs'. You aren't really in the PA to discuss politics, not as a mature adult. You're there to fling poo and you need somebody to fling it at.

Pretty sure you won't.

Try me... I'd love to see you in the PA. I enjoy discussing important issues with people of opposing viewpoints... if they can make a logical, cogent argument in support of their own positions. I'd welcome yours as well, so come on over.:thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

Some of you PA regulars are accusing others of trying to nuke the PA (which is true in my case, but I don't speak for everybody) but the truth is, if the few vaguely leftish people that post there quit posting there, the PA would probably dry up on it's own because the sort of folks that currently inhabit that place and make it so terrible are driven by a need to 'own the libs' in whatever way they can. Be it with 'triggering' pet names like you use above or something similar.

Seeing decent people react negatively is what you dig. That's why some of you can't help yourself when you are posting in another section of the forums and you let fly with one of your political comments. You are bored with the PA because everybody over there agrees with you but you crave that negative interaction with 'the libs'. You aren't really in the PA to discuss politics, not as a mature adult. You're there to fling poo and you need somebody to fling it at.

Cool story bro...

I would advocate having no political talk on Bladeforums. You know - make Bladeforums about blades. But I'm weird. In an attempt to retain whatever limited sanity I have left, I have actively avoided Fox "News", Drudge, CNN and every other blather source for several years, and would love to avoid it here. But for some reason, people think that politics must be paired with every other subject. I left a Glock talk forum after 20 years because of the incessant political squabbles, and would be well pleased if Bladeforums was a place of refuge from the political storms rather than merely being one more place where the real subject matter (blades) gets subsumed in politics, abortion, "climate change" and "trans" issues.

Pretty soon I'm going to be living like Ted Kaczynski in a shack in Montana, or under a bridge somewhere. With my 300 knives in a backpack. Anything to get away from political squabbles. :confused:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Frankly, if the place gets dumbed down in accordance with the W & C design then it isn't worth it at all. And boy, most of these protestations are really really dumb.

This remark completely baffles me. Right now, or at least before these new rules kick/kicked in, the PA is far worse than W&C, and I'm also baffled that you, and so many other posters there, cannot see the difference.

Yes, W&C is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. But here's the point y'all seem to miss: it's supposed to be. Well, maybe not supposed to be, but if there's a place for it, W&C is it.

The PA isn't supposed to be.

When, in the civil discussion areas, a guy acts like a prick, moron, whiner, or jackass, sure he gets made fun of in W&C. If said prick/moron/whiner/jackass finds his way to W&C, naturally, shit starts flying. That's why there's a rule against luring them directly, either by mentioning W&C in the civil forum where the buffoonery took place, or by @ tagging their in W&C. No doubt @Feca10ne found his way there with one or many of his previous accounts; he all but admitted as much.

I've seen the same kind of dogpiling, namecalling, and bullying happen in the PA. There was even a big stink recently where posters in the PA were directly shitting on the W&C regulars in the PA. That's W&C type behavior outside of W&C by people who complain about W&C type behavior INSIDE OF W&C WHERE IT BELONGS!. Please don't tell me that you don't see the sharp irony and hypocrisy there. And then PA regulars complain that it's the people in W&C that are responsible for changes in the PA, as though they have no responsibility for their own actions. *snort*. And FYI, W&C regulars don't discuss W&C specifics outside W&C because it's against the rules. But people in the PA do.

The idea that W&C is worse than the PA is laughable because at least W&C keeps that kind of behavior where it belongs. But y'all go ahead and keep thinking that you're better, and we'll keep laughing at you for thinking that. We're not the ones that turned a chess game into a mudwrestling match.

This remark completely baffles me. Right now, or at least before these new rules kick/kicked in, the PA is far worse than W&C, and I'm also baffled that you, and so many other posters there, cannot see the difference.

Yes, W&C is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. But here's the point y'all seem to miss: it's supposed to be. Well, maybe not supposed to be, but if there's a place for it, W&C is it.

The PA isn't supposed to be.

When, in the civil discussion areas, a guy acts like a prick, moron, whiner, or jackass, sure he gets made fun of in W&C. If said prick/moron/whiner/jackass finds his way to W&C, naturally, shit starts flying. That's why there's a rule against luring them directly, either by mentioning W&C in the civil forum where the buffoonery took place, or by @ tagging their in W&C. No doubt @Feca10ne found his way there with one or many of his previous accounts; he all but admitted as much.

I've seen the same kind of dogpiling, namecalling, and bullying happen in the PA. There was even a big stink recently where posters in the PA were directly shitting on the W&C regulars in the PA. That's W&C type behavior outside of W&C by people who complain about W&C type behavior INSIDE OF W&C WHERE IT BELONGS!. Please don't tell me that you don't see the sharp irony and hypocrisy there. And then PA regulars complain that it's the people in W&C that are responsible for changes in the PA, as though they have no responsibility for their own actions. *snort*. And FYI, W&C regulars don't discuss W&C specifics outside W&C because it's against the rules. But people in the PA do.

The idea that W&C is worse than the PA is laughable because at least W&C keeps that kind of behavior where it belongs. But y'all go ahead and keep thinking that you're better, and we'll keep laughing at you for thinking that. We're not the ones that turned a chess game into a mudwrestling match.

:cool: Cool. A well-stated opinion.

Sorry, the level of gleefully vile hatred and ignorance that is expressed there, and the fact that it runs rampantly unchecked, will forever keep me from posting there ever again. I'll stick with the far more logical, civil, fair, and enlightened waters of W&C. That is, if a null character rake doesn't lock me out of my account.

Try me... I'd love to see you in the PA. I enjoy discussing important issues with people of opposing viewpoints... if they can make a logical, cogent argument in support of their own positions. I'd welcome yours as well, so come on over.:thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

Cool story bro...

So, a long comment about how you'd love to discuss things with me and then a dismissive 'cool story bro' comment.

You're shooting yourself in the foot while simultaneously showing your true colors.

Sorry, the level of gleefully vile hatred and ignorance that is expressed there, and the fact that it runs rampantly unchecked, will forever keep me from posting there ever again. I'll stick with the far more logical, civil, fair, and enlightened waters of W&C. That is, if a null character rake doesn't lock me out of my account.
I'm cool with your decision if you are... W&C sounds like a MUCH better fit for you so you probably should avoid the PA... that would probably be best for you.

So, a long comment about how you'd love to discuss things with me and then a dismissive 'cool story bro' comment.

You're shooting yourself in the foot while simultaneously showing your true colors.
Not at all... I acknowledge your opinion and support your holding it. It's still a free country (for now) so carry on my friend!:)

I'm cool with your decision if you are... W&C sounds like a MUCH better fit for you so you probably should avoid the PA... that would probably be best for you.

You mean it'd be best for the PA. But I don't talk politics anymore anyway. That's what makes W&C more civil - we don't talk politics there.

You mean it'd be best for the PA. But I don't talk politics anymore anyway. That's what makes W&C more civil - we don't talk politics there.
No, I actually SAID what I meant... But it's Cool... You enjoy your corner as I enjoy mine. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. Some people like checkers, I prefer chess but both games are fun!:cool::cool::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back