Designing a new Neck Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thanks for the offer ! I would actually be happy with your boning knife, but in a necker format (blade 3.5 to 4" max., no jimping) and a straight handle without beak or palm swell, but slightly tapered towards the pommel and a somewhat deeper index notch. Skeletonized handle sure, flat scales with some swell in the middle and a kydex sheath with snap !
iX9a5LQ.jpg

Well, thanks for the offer ! I would actually be happy with your boning knife, but in a necker format (blade 3.5 to 4" max., no jimping) and a straight handle without beak or palm swell, but slightly tapered towards the pommel and a somewhat deeper index notch. Skeletonized handle

How about something like this?

Neck Knife Herisson.jpg

Yes, this looks great. However, my idea was that the handle would taper out towards the pommel (skinny at the finger notch, fat at the pommel). Otherwise, I already like this knife !

skinny at the finger notch, fat at the pommel

I get it now. Taper is defined as "diminish or reduce in thickness toward one end", so what you're asking for is taper from the pommel to the finger groove. I'll rework the design accordingly and post another pic for your approval, and I also happen to feel that skinny at the finger groove and fat at the pommel is a better design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back