Desire for Texas Jack like variant

I wish they made the TJ with a coping vs pen blade, or even the lower height sheepsfoot blade like they use on the medium stockmen. Anyone else prefer a small straight edge blade to the pen blade?

I have this Outlaw as does Sturzi and I believe he made a great Coping blade outta the pen blade ;)

cra9.jpg

60f6.jpg

Searched but couldn't find the picture though, I need Sarah's mad skills :thumbup:

Paul

I have this Outlaw as does Sturzi and I believe he made a great Coping blade outta the pen blade ;)

cra9.jpg

60f6.jpg

Searched but couldn't find the picture though, I need Sarah's mad skills :thumbup:

Paul

You rang?

I always thought about modifying the pen blade on my white owl into a coping blade, but was afraid it would be on the short side. Since the Outlaw has a longer pen, I pondered for a while. Eventually I found the courage to disfigure a perfectly fine brand new knife.

Outlaw_small_zpsff794075.jpg

Absolutely no regrets...

;)

~ P.

I agree mate, the clip and sheepsfoot jack on a serpentine frame is my preference. The old Schrade Wrangler 93OT is one of my favourites. I'm sure that there is probably still a few kicking around on the net.
Matt

Boker offers something similar in their Evergreen series. 2-blade stockman with a secondary sheepsfoot. Some members here have one and I recall them posting about them.

Bulldog has a texas jack like knife with a clip main and sheepsfoot secondary. There is one floating around on a certain auction site.

I was aware of the Boker, which is nice. Isn't it bigger tho? If I remember correctly the closed sheepsfoot sits somewhat more proud than what I would prefer in a perfect world. The modified Outlaw blade shown by Ms P is just about what I'm thinking.
I will have to check out the older Bulldog and Old Timers mentioned!

If you're not stuck on the serpentine or gunstock style, there's the GEC #92 Eureka Jack, which has a spear main and coping secondary. There's also the Schatt and Morgan 042197 Horticulturist's Knife, which is a straight jack with a clip main and sheepsfoot secondary (and some pretty sexy red bone).

As I wrote on Kevin's "custom knife wish" thread, and on some other threads as well, I'd love to get a serpentine jack with mildly squared bolsters, a full clip main and a shorter sheepsfoot secondary. I do own the Schrade 93OT and I've been tempted by the Boker Evergreen as well; haven't seen the Bulldog yet.
Anyway, I'd rather have nicks on opposite sides and the sheepsfoot sitting as high as the clip.
Honestly, I don't think we'll see that configuration in a production knife anytime soon...so I'm saving for a custom version :rolleyes:

Fausto
:cool:

Back