Desk drawer find

https://imgur.com/a/PYKobDC

Found this knife / bottle opener / can opener / seat belt cutter / wire stripper / ow my eyes in my drawer while doing some cleaning. It's a BlackFox knives "BF-96", or so the box says. Bought it a while back off BladeHQ on sale, I was gonna put it on my keychain when I bought it but it never really made it on there. Can't find it for sale anywhere so I assume it's discontinued. It's kinda a huge mess of a multitool, but I figured people here might get a kick out of it.

also the strap cutter has a tendency to slice layers of your index finger off when attempting to open the knife one handed. But hey on the bright side it's got a better action than my Benchmade 200 Puukko.

https://imgur.com/a/PYKobDC

Found this knife / bottle opener / can opener / seat belt cutter / wire stripper / ow my eyes in my drawer while doing some cleaning. It's a BlackFox knives "BF-96", or so the box says. Bought it a while back off BladeHQ on sale, I was gonna put it on my keychain when I bought it but it never really made it on there. Can't find it for sale anywhere so I assume it's discontinued. It's kinda a huge mess of a multitool, but I figured people here might get a kick out of it.

also the strap cutter has a tendency to slice layers of your index finger off when attempting to open the knife one handed. But hey on the bright side it's got a better action than my Benchmade 200 Puukko.
It is a bit of a odd duck, isn't it! But it isn't a complete disaster and I'm sure it really works for some folks who bought it. Still, I can't help but think that it's trying to do something SAKs have figured out a long time ago while insisting on being ugly at the same time. :D

Zieg

Do it! Always interesting stuff you’ve forgotten about in the backs of closets and drawers.
Especially when you are an inveterate, unrepentant Pack-Rat!

In the past I've actually found firearms I'd forgotten I owned, I'll let you know what I find:)

Just a guess here ....but that Fox logo is identical to the fox logo on the Fox Knives Vox Suru knife that is made in the same Italian factory that the Lionsteel knives are. Your find is an interesting piece for sure.
Peter

Fox2.jpg

Well,I didn't find any firearms, but I did find TWO Estwing hatchets, one I know was purchased in the 1930's by my Grandfather, a "loaded" stainless steel slide for an M1991A1, several 10mm Delta elite magazines, a box of 20 Barnes MRX bullets, .284 140Gr (not ammo, just "reloader" bullets) Several small S&W lock-blade folders (still in their boxes) and a "deck" of a dozen or so wafers of Ivory originally taken off of piano keys and the main things an old Tylenol bottle with snippets of platinum wire(about 1/4 oz) and a Planters peanut can(about the size on a 2lb coffee can)filled with the broken pieces of the reactor tube from a commercial Ozone generator (these were used to de-odorize movie theaters, before the invention of "fabrize", but these reactor tubes carry a relatively thick coating of Platinum-group metal, several ounces!)

Last edited:
It's kinda a huge mess of a multitool, but I figured people here might get a kick out of it.

also the strap cutter has a tendency to slice layers of your index finger off when attempting to open the knife one handed.

Yeah, I think I’ll stick to my Leatherman.

Interesting find though, it alway fun to rediscover that stuff lost in junk drawers. This is especially true in tool boxes if you’re unorganized like me. With the exception of my sockets and wrenches of course

Yeah, I think I’ll stick to my Leatherman.

Interesting find though, it alway fun to rediscover that stuff lost in junk drawers. This is especially true in tool boxes if you’re unorganized like me. With the exception of my sockets and wrenches of course
I recently found my list of people have returned "Vise Grips" directly to my toolbox, in the drawer, UNLOCKED, but I am still unsure what specific draconian punishment to inflict for that monumental error...

Whipping is the only appropriate punishment. I’ve seen a few people put open knives loose in my tool box because they couldn’t figure out how to close a lock liner

Whipping is the only appropriate punishment. I’ve seen a few people put open knives loose in my tool box because they couldn’t figure out how to close a lock liner
My brother, a former Senior-master Ford service Technician and I have discussed proper punishment for this and we settled on setting their feet in "concrete shoes" applying all available Vice grips to their various tender "bits" then dropping them into a long neglected body of water only deep enough to completely cover their body (In other words chest or neck deep) and let the leeches eat them alive... This is for First offense, second offense we use Piranah!

Now as for another offence people returning knives by stabbing them into the 1-1/4" thick butcher block top of my work bench, I have not settled on a proper punishment yet, nor for the worse offense of breaking off the tip of any knife while attempting to do the Horrible crime above...

Last edited:
My brother, a former Senior-master Ford service Technician and I have discussed proper punishment for this and we settled on setting their feet in "concrete shoes" applying all available Vice grips to their various tender "bits" then dropping them into a long neglected body of water only deep enough to completely cover their body (In other words chest or neck deep) and let the leeches eat them alive... This is for First offense, second offense we use Piranah

Are you sure you can trust anyone who worked for ford? We all know what the acronym of “Ford” :p (sorry, I couldn’t resist)

But I definitely agree with the punishment idea. As for those who break the tips off your knives? Post a sign above the workbench saying “you break my knife, I break your legs”. And DEFINITELY enforce it

Are you sure you can trust anyone who worked for ford? We all know what the acronym of “Ford” :p (sorry, I couldn’t resist)

But I definitely agree with the punishment idea. As for those who break the tips off your knives? Post a sign above the workbench saying “you break my knife, I break your legs”. And DEFINITELY enforce it

I will simply threaten to remove their liver WITH that broken knife carefully pointing out that it will assuredly hurt more.
Ford stands for First On Race Day, but I must point out he doesn't work for Ford any more He maintains a fleet of Ford Super DUTY trucks used as maintainance trucks at a large coal mine in Wyoming

I will simply threaten to remove their liver WITH that broken knife carefully pointing out that it will assuredly hurt more.
Ford stands for First On Race Day, but I must point out he doesn't work for Ford any more He maintains a fleet of Ford Super DUTY trucks used as maintainance trucks at a large coal mine in Wyoming

My friend, you misunderstand, “Ford” stands for “found on road dead”. But I’m down with the liver removing part. Seems only fair, especially if it’s an expensive knife they broke :D

My friend, you misunderstand, “Ford” stands for “found on road dead”. But I’m down with the liver removing part. Seems only fair, especially if it’s an expensive knife they broke :D

To be honest the most expensive knife I own is a Cold Steel Master hunter an I doubt anyone could break it even if they tried.

I have a couple of Valuable knives, but that is through their history, like a modified and sharpened M4 bayonet that was carried and used in WW2 by a family acquaintance. I've got it because the man had only Daughters,
Who like their mother all grew up and became Nurses and they had no interest in "an instrument of death"
(Especially one that had been used for it's intended purpose)

I may dream of a Chris Reeve folder, but short of a wind fall, I will likely continue to admire them from a distance.

I almost bought Ruike P108 (beta lock folder) this weekend, but life intruded; my shiny new Samsung dishwasher refused to perform its designed function, and being microprocessor controlled gave conflicting (mutually exclusive) error codes, and rather wait for Samsung service to figure out why I returned and bought one of a different brand (Bosch), as I told everybody else my Korean language skills are worse READ: NONEXISTANT) than my Japanese (I can order a beer and ask where the bathroom is and order my favorite Sushi (Ebi), but I can swear coherently in German

Last edited:
Back