Desperados Waiting for a Train

John that video is great
Glad you liked it Greg, it's dry stuff but it gives some insight to the process and the Mickey Mouse Operation you're dealing with!!:D

I tried some heat sink paste years ago from Jantz Knife Supply and it didn't work very well. I ended up making one out of aluminum that clamps to the blade just above the solder joint that works pretty well. I may have to give that paste a try.
The cool blue stuff works ridiculously well but is messy and stains the blade. I'm gonna order some of the reusable putty type stuff and see how that works.

Glad you liked it Greg, it's dry stuff but it gives some insight to the process and the Mickey Mouse Operation you're dealing with!!:D

The cool blue stuff works ridiculously well but is messy and stains the blade. I'm gonna order some of the reusable putty type stuff and see how that works.
I think I may as well, let me know what think of it.

86706e63db545f3a1a4d43e4.jpg

The cheesy music tops off the tacky video perfectly lol.

They're all soldered up, I can't promise they'll all turn out like this one but I'm gonna do my best.

Ha! Enter the Dragon? I love me some Bruce Lee movies but the titles all run together in my head.

That's #5 above, they all turned out pretty nice. I'm sure you guys are tired of pics of soldering. I'll get these taped up and the front spacers on.

This will sound menial, but these boxes are worth their weight in gold and have made a huge difference in the shop.
20190529_092952-01.jpeg

All guards are soldered and finished, front spacers are fit up flush. I'll get these taped and start the leather stack. I'll be making one block and cutting it into eight sections.

Stacked Leather Part One is uploading to the YouTube. Basically just me rambling awkwardly, but might be Interesting if ya like stacked leather.

Back