Desperados Waiting for a Train

Eight bells? Does this mean the wait, er watch, is over?

From Maine Maritime - "The practice of using bells stems from the days of the sailing ships. Sailors couldn't afford to have their own time pieces and relied on the ship's bells to tell time. The ship's boy kept time by using a half-hour glass. Each time the sand ran out, he would turn the glass over and ring the appropriate number of bells. Each ship “watch” is four hours, or eight bells, in length."

Or?

View attachment 1213649
No chit? That is pretty cool. I'd make that kid watching the damn hourglass pull my guard duty, hell he's up anyways!:D

Jerry Fisk makes some incredible bowies and Presentation type knives but I think he's probably best known for his Senderos.
You are going to be well known for your bowies but much better known and sought after for your bullnose skinners and cowbells.
The Montany highline will soon need to put up signs reading "Home of John Conner!"

Really torn on my cowbell. Both the Bocote and blue denim micarta would look pretty sweet. John, surprise me I guess. Whichever works best for you and maybe you have a scrap that is sized to work already.

You are going to be well known for your bowies but much better known and sought after for your bullnose skinners and cowbells. The Montany highline will soon need to put up signs reading "Home of John Conner!"
Agreed. With the pending three year wait, can I put in my custom request now? I'll plant some signs...

Back from the Adirondacks.
I thought you might like to see some pics. The weather was prime :thumbsup:
A little cool in the morning, but the stove warmed up the tent just fine.

The Big Top by D P, on Flickr

Cozy Tent by D P, on Flickr

Adirondack Morning by D P, on Flickr

Camping Blade by D P, on Flickr

Camping Blades by D P, on Flickr

Glad to hear the Serranos are 'bout done. I'll take a blackwood cowbell, John.
-- Don

Great pictures Don. Cool nights that need a fire to knock the chill off are the best for camping. Blackwood it is then:thumbsup:

Jerry Fisk makes some incredible bowies and Presentation type knives but I think he's probably best known for his Senderos.
You are going to be well known for your bowies but much better known and sought after for your bullnose skinners and cowbells.
The Montany highline will soon need to put up signs reading "Home of John Conner!"
Thanks Mack, I'll never hold a candle to Jerry's skill but maybe we'll get somewheres in our own right;)

Really torn on my cowbell. Both the Bocote and blue denim micarta would look pretty sweet. John, surprise me I guess. Whichever works best for you and maybe you have a scrap that is sized to work already.
Sounds good:thumbsup: I have a box of "that'd make a nice little cowbell" scraps.
Agreed. With the pending three year wait, can I put in my custom request now? I'll plant some signs...
Don't forget that next year is a leap year, that might extend things!:p

On a serious note, I'm lining up what's next and am always open to suggestions. If you guys have ideas for specific customs, start some threads and let's talk about them.

Shel, if I do consider taking on an individual Custom order I'll let you know.

Great pictures Don. Cool nights that need a fire to knock the chill off are the best for camping. Blackwood it is then:thumbsup:
Yes, sir... It felt good to get out in the woods.
Had a Buck mini alpha on the belt and a slippy in the pocket.
Next time it'll be a Serrano on the belt :cool::thumbsup:

Back