Dessert Warrior pivot screw stripped from factory

Matt_WY

Gold Member
Received my first Boker today, a mini dessert warrior. Neat little automatic, but it appears the pivot screw has been mangled by the factory. Is this normal for what Boker sends out? Is it possible to get a correct replacement, is it even anything to worry about? I’m sure I could return it, but being sold out, I doubt I could get a replacement.

Appreciate any thoughts.

7E613A30-A438-4278-B112-8251A1C89618.jpeg

I believe they are disassembled stateside to put in the auto spring. I'd contact the dealer to see if they have any ideas on how to get a replacement. Limited and sold out is going to be an issue.

Check with customer service if you can get through
Sent them a message when I posted here. Never heard back. This was a relatively inexpensive knife, I can live with it, but makes me hesitant to purchase anything else from Boker.

Sent them a message when I posted here. Never heard back. This was a relatively inexpensive knife, I can live with it, but makes me hesitant to purchase anything else from Boker.
things may have changed but in the past boker didn't put the spring in them. the dealer or distributor did. the dealer should make it right for you, in what ever way they can...or don't use that dealer anymore.

things may have changed but in the past boker didn't put the spring in them. the dealer or distributor did. the dealer should make it right for you, in what ever way they can...or don't use that dealer anymore.
There is only one dealer for these as far as I know and they sell them out quick. I didn't bother contacting them since I figured this could easily be dealt with through Boker. The reason I posted here was I had seen in the past where they had a forum presence. Guess those days are gone. Its a fun little knife, I'll try and deal with Boker again, since they seem like the only place that could offer a correct replacement screw. I'll also contact the dealer just to see what they have to say. Thanks all.

An update. Boker replied and apologized, caught them in the middle of staff replacement. They really don't consider this their problem, its a Blade HQ modification which voids the warranty. They did offer to supply a plain pivot screw for $14.95. I didn't really find that acceptable. Boker agreed and offered to send one out for free if I can't rectify this with Blade HQ. Blade HQ responded that they could issue a refund for the knife, return it to Boker for warranty work, which could result in me being billed for the repair, or that I could look online for a replacement part. Again, not thrilled with paying to repair a new knife. Overall, I greatly appreciate Bokers offer for a replacement part.

An update. Boker replied and apologized, caught them in the middle of staff replacement. They really don't consider this their problem, its a Blade HQ modification which voids the warranty. They did offer to supply a plain pivot screw for $14.95. I didn't really find that acceptable. Boker agreed and offered to send one out for free if I can't rectify this with Blade HQ. Blade HQ responded that they could issue a refund for the knife, return it to Boker for warranty work, which could result in me being billed for the repair, or that I could look online for a replacement part. Again, not thrilled with paying to repair a new knife. Overall, I greatly appreciate Bokers offer for a replacement part.

That sounds like Boker going above and beyond to me. I don't see how anyone could really expect them to do more than what they are. Good on them.

Personally, I think BladeHQ really dropped the ball on this one. They're modding a knife in house. They should have spare parts on hand for situations like this imo.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback on this situation. I can certainly understand how frustrating this situation is and I'm sorry to see that we were not able to provide replacement parts for this knife. I know that we try to keep replacement parts for the Boker automatics we convert but keeping those available can be difficult as we're only able to attain them from models that are defective or mistakenly ruined in the conversion process. Put on top that the Dessert Warriors have a fairly unique color for the pivot screw, that just makes the issue worse.

But trust me I hate making excuses, I'd rather we get this problem fixed. So through the magic of being within 40 feet of where these knives are converted, I was able to secure a pivot screw for OP. I've sent you a message directly and from there we can arrange on getting this replacement part sent out to you.

- BHQ

Thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback on this situation. I can certainly understand how frustrating this situation is and I'm sorry to see that we were not able to provide replacement parts for this knife. I know that we try to keep replacement parts for the Boker automatics we convert but keeping those available can be difficult as we're only able to attain them from models that are defective or mistakenly ruined in the conversion process. Put on top that the Dessert Warriors have a fairly unique color for the pivot screw, that just makes the issue worse.

But trust me I hate making excuses, I'd rather we get this problem fixed. So through the magic of being within 40 feet of where these knives are converted, I was able to secure a pivot screw for OP. I've sent you a message directly and from there we can arrange on getting this replacement part sent out to you.

- BHQ

Props for taking care of the issue! You guys have always done right by me.

Since this is an exclusive that has been released a few times, is purchasing some extra hardware from Boker out of the question? Or is that a no go with Boker?

Props for taking care of the issue! You guys have always done right by me.

Since this is an exclusive that has been released a few times, is purchasing some extra hardware from Boker out of the question? Or is that a no go with Boker?

I believe this to be the case. Even with the regular Boker automatics, the only source we have for spare parts is when we get a bit too sleepy while converting them. In most cases, this is not an issue as we do have plenty of spare parts on hand but when it comes to the more limited productions it can be a bit more difficult.

- BHQ

I believe this to be the case. Even with the regular Boker automatics, the only source we have for spare parts is when we get a bit too sleepy while converting them. In most cases, this is not an issue as we do have plenty of spare parts on hand but when it comes to the more limited productions it can be a bit more difficult.

- BHQ

Ah... Yea, that would definitely make it harder. I know at least one company in particular had some custom screws/pivots made for all their knives and are hesitant to give extras out because of cloners and whatnot.

Back