Dhan Bahadur Villager Utility Knives for 8/21

Made it so Far! I still havent looked at the pic of the knife I bought! Torturing myself you know. Builds character they say. Should be a pleasant surprise this evening when I get home to my wife swinging another triangle box at me:eek: then if I survive that i got one from Karda coming about Wed or so. I may be sleeping with my surfboards this week.

Really want to snag #10..... Funds just aren't there right now. oh well. surprised its not sold already personally.

Better snag it quick. As soon as people start showing these off they will be gone! Another Kami to watch out for:thumbup:

Made it so Far! I still havent looked at the pic of the knife I bought! Torturing myself you know. Builds character they say. Should be a pleasant surprise this evening when I get home to my wife swinging another triangle box at me:eek: then if I survive that i got one from Karda coming about Wed or so. I may be sleeping with my surfboards this week.

time to get a mil surplus pup tent and learn all of its uses. and get some sno seal, just in case you cant get rid of your wife or the HIKV:p.
good news is the entire tent set up is 25 bucks and sno seal is 8 bucks, so the fix isnt too expensive:D

Its well worth the price of admission Gehazi. I love the one I received, the engravings are amazing and the wood is even better. I would of paid almost double for it. I like having a blade I am not afraid to actually use in the field.

#10 is really talking to me, I like the slightly downturned handle, but probably will wait for 22 or 23oz with it . Except for that is close to my kvluk.....too close. I certainly would like to try it out, side by side with the straighter handle.

Well, maybe if its still around on the 1st.

I really want that one just cant justify it at the moment. it really is beautiful but I figure maybe ill order a VCAK by Dhan kami when I do have the funds to eas the pain of not getting this one.....

I've never owned a khukri before, how solid is the handle construction compared to something like a Becker? Really interested in #10.

I've never owned a khukri before, how solid is the handle construction compared to something like a Becker? Really interested in #10.

They are Stick (rat tail) tang and are very strong. Every bit as strong as a becker. HI makes some of the strongest tangs available.
Be advised that Auntie Yangdu's computer is down at the moment and she will not be able to answer emails for a few days until it is fixed.

at this point I think 10 people have put in for #10 lol-- i feel sorry for auntie and the flood of emails she will see

I just noticed something about #14. Looks like that special two-toned one Mr. Tall picked up a while back. Pugs i think has it now. Maybe this is its brother?
EMS for #15 sight unseen, LOL.
Well what do you think about that 1:1 philllll?

Sorry I have been slacking on my report. It is SWEET! Did some sharpening and sanding on it last night.

Ndog, I just looked back and I don't see a report on the mystery blade that went to Texas. You did get it didn't ya.?

Yeah I got it. I was gonna sit on it and see if it hatches first but that wasnt a good idea after all. It was definitely worth the blind date. Im sanding and polishing up the handle now. They are stained a bit from handling so it will clean up even better than the pic shows. Very cool size! Ill post tonite or tomorrow when I get done with it. Im tellin ya tho that #14 is going to make a beautiful two tone Khuk for someone.
Ndog, I just looked back and I don't see a report on the mystery blade that went to Texas. You did get it didn't ya.?

I don't see the 2 tone, I looked at that too. How can you tell it's two tone, I only see one side. You think I need to hit the 50% off sale at the Sears optical department. I seem to be missing a lot lately. Almost like I'm out of the loop or I'm loopy or perhaps its the deer in the headlights look from yesterday?

Back