Did Schrade Make a Knife With a Wharncliffe Main Blade?

This may have been covered on here somewhere before but I wasn't able to locate it.

The Whittlers that I've seen all seem to have the Clip style blade. I believe that I've also seen Sheepsfoot blades but never a Wharncliffe.

If they did make a Wharncliffe and someone has a pic, could you post it please?

Thanks much.

Don't know about the Kious. I was looking for that serpentine 3 blade whittler, the 8793. Very similar to the Case Seahorse. Love that whittler!

One of the 2 limited edition Warren Whittler knives sported a solo wharncliff style blade. The sister knife was outfitted with a modified pen blade.

The 44-OT. Wharncliffe-ish but the blade edge is not straight.

44OT.jpg

Well there is one you don't see everyday lessin you got a pocket full spendin money. I believe that's called a lance blade.

Nice one Bob.

The 44-OT. Wharncliffe-ish but the blade edge is not straight.

44OT.jpg

Those are pretty scarce knives. And as you stated, they are expensive if you can find them. I am not sure of the production numbers for the 44 OT, but, I am fairly certain those numbers were low.

Great Knife!

Tom

Those are pretty scarce knives. And as you stated, they are expensive if you can find them. I am not sure of the production numbers for the 44 OT, but, I am fairly certain those numbers were low.

Great Knife!

Tom

1990 through 1993, and a special run of 4000 in 2001.

The new 44 OT is being produced off shore now presumably by Taylor brands, I don't know the details because I don't buy *#!@, just mentioning it so someone doesn't get duped on the big auction site...

I really regret not buying that knife back in the day. Always said I was going to get it and then would get something else thinking it would be there the next time. Live and learn I guess. But if I stumble across one now it won't even be a question.

This 892UH has a wharncliffe secondary, and quite a blade assortment.

Last edited:
Thawk ... just curious ... what's the approximate overall length (closed) of that pretty 892? Judging from the paper and box, only 3 1/2" maybe?

Back