Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

knarfeng

senex morosus moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Ladies and gents, our apologies.

Due to technical difficulties beyond our control, the original thread,

"Did your Traditional knife get a workout today?"

has become discombobulated beyond all recognition, you should pardon the technical jargon. It had to be moved offline. At the moment, I cannot even find the original post. All we can do is start over again.

So,
What did you do with your traditional knife today?

I used my Queen mountain man to cut some twine for staking plants in the garden.

Understandable and thanks for the heads up Frank :thumbup:

Today was the start of the weekend so the first duty my Charlow saw today was string and tag trimming of stuffed animals and dolls. Followed up by cutting open biscuits and buttering them for breakfast. It cut up some hot dogs at lunch and then a lime for a beer. It has a rough life on the weekends :cool:

Cut up a Poblano pepper for dirty rice and opened up some frozen biscuits.

IMAG0265_zpse0caef0e.jpg

This one opened some bags of mulch and manure,to do some planting and transplanting today :)

No pictures but my Queen Country Cousin was cutting grass over at my Mom's house. I bought a pair of Fiskar's grass shear (made in Finland) and promptly walked out the door without them.

I used my traditional knife to hack a couple threads in 2 forums. My Apologies.

GEC Missouri Trader Lockback cut 2 Jimmy John's Sandwiches in half for the kids and me. Same knife later helped open a pack of Bratswurst.

used my aitor castor to cut a lime to squeeze on chile rellenos for lunch and cut some low branches off a pecan tree.
unfortunately i dont have pictorial evidence so this group shot will have to suffice;
DSC_00661_zps24d57383.jpg

No smarticon for 'floods of tears'?

You've been a busy lot today :)

I helped replant some foundation work around a pillar. Had to open a good number of concrete bags

Can we see more of this knife? :thumbup:

My GEC 66 Serpentine Jack has helped me cook breakfast. Looked a bit like this ;)

Last edited:
Ladies and gents, our apologies.

Due to technical difficulties beyond our control, the original thread,

"Did your Traditional knife get a workout today?"

has become discombobulated beyond all recognition, you should pardon the technical jargon. It had to be moved offline. At the moment, I cannot even find the original post. All we can do is start over again.

So,
What did you do with your traditional knife today?

I used my Queen mountain man to cut some twine for staking plants in the garden.

Oh no! My only successful thread goes down! :)

Ah well 'tis the fate of all threads eventually. May the new thread have a long and fruitful run.

Will

No smarticon for 'floods of tears'? You've been a busy lot today :) Can we see more of this knife? :thumbup:

Haha, yeah a knife comes into my hands it doesn't get any reprieve.

The knife itself is an oldy from a box my grandfather had and was given to me after his passing back on '05 I believe.

It's an old Ulster Dwight Divine and Sons Sea Scout knife. The patina is a little thick so you can't see the etching on the blade, it has the old anchor sign of the Sea Scouts. Being the size that it is (4 1/8") it doesn't sit well in pockets, at least for me so I took an old alignment pin for my motorcycle engine along with a couple nuts to create a weighted lanyard. With the lanyard outside of the pocket the weight is enough to keep it upright.

Haha, yeah a knife comes into my hands it doesn't get any reprieve.

The knife itself is an oldy from a box my grandfather had and was given to me after his passing back on '05 I believe.

It's an old Ulster Dwight Divine and Sons Sea Scout knife. The patina is a little thick so you can't see the etching on the blade, it has the old anchor sign of the Sea Scouts. Being the size that it is (4 1/8") it doesn't sit well in pockets, at least for me so I took an old alignment pin for my motorcycle engine along with a couple nuts to create a weighted lanyard. With the lanyard outside of the pocket the weight is enough to keep it upright.

Thanks a lot for the info, and for a closer look :thumbup:

Good old Rebel Yell. Made right here in my home town. Created by a former mayor of Louisville, Charlie Farnsley. That's my kind of mayor!
besides opening the mail and just plain old keeping me company, my peanut helped me prepare a delicious evening beverage.

Back