Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

No pictures, but I think a cool story. Wife got a job over Easter break taking care of horses at a stables while the regular person was gone. Now my wife is very apprehensive of my knives. She asks to use one and normally hands it back, open, scared of cutting herself trying to close it. She needed a knife to cut hay bales apart and bags of instant saw dust pellets, cool stuff by the way. I gave her a Case Sodbuster Jr. Showed how close it and even showed her how to close it against her leg with one hand. Jump ahead midweek, I stop by after work to help her with something and she proceeds to whip that Sodbuster out, slice a bag open and had closed and back in her pocket in a flash. A tear filled my eye, I was never so proud of her. That little Sodbuster got a workout that week.

I have more sunflowers to plant (I know, it's a little late). The spike and the blade worked fine, but I think the can-opener might be even better for depositing the seeds.
b1RPC5A.jpg

Decided to renovate the garden bench, a more ambitious project than I first envisaged...Using a heatgun to strip it and a scraper I found the scraper gouging bits of old wood off the slats. Used a very sharp Rough Rider small locking Dirtbuster to trim the wood and splinters and do a load of scraping too. So nice and easy to use and no worries about messing up a costly knife. As I've found before, RR's stainless is workaholic stuff and it stays sharp longer than CASE or Buck stainless, can't be bad!

Thanks, Will

IMG_3658.jpg

Last edited:
Used the small pen blade on my Peanut to cut the foil seal off the top of a jug of windshield washer fluid so I could pour it into the washer fluid reservoir in my car. I live an exciting life.
A similar experience here John, as I used my new forum knife to removed the foil seal of a paint thinner jug to clean out my stain sprayer:(

My #15 with the 1 arm blade has been getting regular use in the yard and in the shop for about a month now. I've used it to cut plastic edging, cut tough roots out of the ground, clean up rough saw cuts, pull staples out of lumber, etc. It cuts apples and carrots daily. Nice work knife imo.

Made this one for our friend across the street. She said it was so sharp the onions were crying:

7IkOT5p.jpg

ITTEHg9.jpg

Beautiful knife, Dave.:thumbsup::cool:

Those mosaic bolster pins, and blue spacer look fantastic with that timber handle. Did you use AEB-L for this one? And are those bocote handles?

My mum's a big fan of the Santoku style blade, with Western handle as well!:)

Great action pics Jack.:thumbsup:

On seeing your Lambsfoot-slicing-garlic pic, this scene from Goodfellas came to mind!:D

I used the awl on my Pioneer to bore out a wood bead to take a double width paracord lanyard.

LvQmGAn.jpg

Back