Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Difficult duty today....

A3914-B4-F-536-F-4431-86-D1-54291-DBC84-ED.jpg

Bought my first Barlow last spring, hardly ever carry it and have never used it. Yesterday and today I was working on fixing some caulking on the sunroom roof and used it to cut away the old, damaged material. Also yesterday, I used it to cut a hole in some aluminum flashing. Now I understand why it's such a handy little work knife!

33784745818_cc2902abae_b.jpg

Not anything "serious", "exciting" or "hard use" ...

I cut the cellophane off a small box a assorted chocolate candies that was in a Christmas Stocking.

Last edited:
Used my BTI Old Timer 280OT Barlow, and SAK "Signature" (for the scissors) to remove some dried paint drops from the (loop pile nylon) carpet.
Also used my Rough Ryder RR1838 "Hopalong Cassidy" moose to shave (not "scrape") dried paint off the baseboards.

The (amateur) "painters" (note quotes) the assisted living facility used seem to have never heard of a "drop cloth" or of "Masking" … "wiping up drips" …
All those light tan/beige ("Mushroom Brown" is what the paint company calls the color/shade) spots on the dark brown carpet … was driving me nuts after looking at them for 14 days …
(I confess! Yes! It was a short trip! :) )

The BTI Old Timer 280OT Barlow required neither sharpening nor honing, nor even stropping, after I finished. :)

Last edited:
Sharpened two #2 lead pencils with the Marbles MR417.
Opened the package with my new pen/pencil holder. (AKA: "24 ounce blue spackle porcelain on steel camping coffee mug") with the (BTI) Old Timer 280OT Barlow.
Nothing else that needed cut or whittled presented itself. :(

Back