Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knarfeng, May 25, 2013.

1. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Difficult duty today....

[​IMG]

2. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Just used the sheepsfoot on my BTI Uncle Henry 885UH Stockman to cut the tape to break down about 20 boxes.

Cutfinger, 315 and JohnDF like this.
  3. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Bought my first Barlow last spring, hardly ever carry it and have never used it. Yesterday and today I was working on fixing some caulking on the sunroom roof and used it to cut away the old, damaged material. Also yesterday, I used it to cut a hole in some aluminum flashing. Now I understand why it's such a handy little work knife!

[​IMG]

4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    My Lambsfoot helped me open the ribs and will be on BBQ duty for the next few hours.
    [​IMG]

5. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Unnecessary workout, just for the fun of it.
    With my 19dps sharpening job it still cleanly sliced paper afterwards.
    Good HT GEC.
    Developing a nice working patina as well.

And no, that wasn't whisky...yet.:D
    [​IMG]

6. Zachary

Zachary Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2017
    My candy stripe peanut carved the turkey for my family tonight, just to prove a point to my sisters husband. 99A3F0D0-C15B-47E1-A1B9-0EF06159F7A4.jpeg
    “Not enough knife” I disagree.

7. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I had smoked pork loin at my nieces last night, used a plastic fork but skipped the plastic knife for the one I had in my pocket. Ho ho ho image.jpg

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Cut Spam for a sandwich on Sunday. Used it to cut tomato and jalapeño this morning. Opened packages too.

9. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Not really a workout, but I was cooking breakfast this morning at our oldest daughter's house, and found that all her knives were like childrens' safety butter knives.... so out came the Goldenrod 92. At least I know the blade won't rust now... :D

[​IMG]

10. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    With the exception of Zachary's turkey, PORK seemed to be the theme for today.... :thumbsup:

:D

JohnDF likes this.
  11. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Not anything "serious", "exciting" or "hard use" ...

I cut the cellophane off a small box a assorted chocolate candies that was in a Christmas Stocking.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Ace Rimmer likes this.
  12. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    To quote @jackknife; ''It doesn't have to be big, just sharp''. Very true.

Wurrwulf, Zachary and GABaus like this.
  13. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
  14. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Used my BTI Old Timer 280OT Barlow, and SAK "Signature" (for the scissors) to remove some dried paint drops from the (loop pile nylon) carpet.
    Also used my Marbles MR1838 "Hopalong Cassidy" moose to shave (not "scrape") dried paint off the baseboards.

The (amateur) "painters" (note quotes) the assisted living facility used seem to have never heard of a "drop cloth" or of "Masking" … "wiping up drips" …
    All those light tan/beige ("Mushroom Brown" is what the paint company calls the color/shade) spots on the dark brown carpet … was driving me nuts after looking at them for 14 days …
    (I confess! Yes! It was a short trip! :) )

The BTI Old Timer 280OT Barlow required neither sharpening nor honing, nor even stropping, after I finished. :)

15. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Sharpened two #2 lead pencils with the Marbles MR417.
    Opened the package with my new pen/pencil holder. (AKA: "24 ounce blue spackle porcelain on steel camping coffee mug") with the (BTI) Old Timer 280OT Barlow.
    Nothing else that needed cut or whittled presented itself. :(

JohnDF, 315 and Misplaced Hillbilly like this.