MQiFTaN.jpg
7zUy9XK.jpg

Harvested glass gem corn and broke down the stalks
R5jBVVD.jpg

2dbsDi8.jpg

lZHjbuN.jpg

GHi027t.jpg

CyqBYFS.jpg

Had to repair a antique table my pup knocked over, it’s been in my wife’s family for a long time, someone at sometime repaired haphazardly, cleaning it up and fitting it with a new dowel.

Cut (over) cooked herb chicken chunks I had for lunch, with 7OT to help upgrade/improve the patina.
Used sheepsfoot blade of 858 to open a couple Seneca chew.
Used punch/awl to help clear the intake hose of the facility's upright bagless floor sucker.
Used SAK Signature's scissors to eliminate an unruly beard hair that grabbed my jacket zipper (I really dislike when that happens), and a loose thread.

The project for the weekend is to add a bottom extension to our fence.
(Termite country, so the fence ends several inches from the dirt. This is good for the fence, but does not keep out rabbits and rattlesnakes, both of which we had problems with this year. The extension needed to be plastic to keep the wood out of the dirt so as to keep the termites out.)

Took some corrugated PVC sheeting and cut it to size with a hack saw. A War Eagle (Rough Rider, but nicer fit and finish) Copperhead was just the thing for cleaning up the melted plastic on the edges of the cuts.

I'm a big believer in matching the tool to the job. 440A at 55-56 and a 20° per side bevel made this knife a good match for the job.

oR7oeMo.jpg

The project for the weekend is to add a bottom extension to our fence.
(Termite country, so the fence ends several inches from the dirt. This is good for the fence, but does not keep out rabbits and rattlesnakes, both of which we had problems with this year. The extension needed to be plastic to keep the wood out of the dirt so as to keep the termites out.)

Took some corrugated PVC sheeting and cut it to size with a hack saw. A War Eagle (Rough Rider, but nicer fit and finish) Copperhead was just the thing for cleaning up the melted plastic on the edges of the cuts.

I'm a big believer in matching the tool to the job. 440A at 55-56 and a 20° per side bevel made this knife a good match for the job.

oR7oeMo.jpg

A lot of work there but you saying you get Rattlesnakes coming in the garden :eek: makes it worthwhile. Be a real nightmare for me going out for a nice stroll round the garden at nighttime to find one of those coiling around :eek::eek::thumbsdown:

Still, I suppose they're easy to shoot :D:cool: And some people say they make a good meal too.... which knife to dress one? Think i prefer Rabbit, but that's what the snakes are likely after too.

Back