Didn't get what you wanted for Christmas? Giveaway! Winner Chosen!

Fixall

Brian
Dealer / Materials Provider
~ WINNER CHOSEN! Congrats to Onebigbill! ~

MpFeXxD.png

Hello BladeForums, I hope you are all doing well and staying safe!

2020 was a strange, bittersweet year for me with lots of ups and downs. I recovered from my (hopefully) final shoulder surgery, lost my boss and mentor of seven years to Covid, had investments come to fruition, dealt with kidney stones and the surgery that went with it, moved to a new home with a large fenced yard for my dog, lost my last two grandparents, and after three years of trying, have our first child on the way. Ups and downs. Such is life.

All in all, I'm not sad to be seeing the year 2020 leave us... But it's not one I will likely forget, nor would I want to.

I figure a good way to memorialize the past crazy year would be with a giveaway of the 2020 BladeForums knife... Not to mention, you're all awesome and deserve a reward for making it through this crazy year! This wicked wharncliffe, swayback features M390 stainless steel, a titanium frame/integrated bolster, and ram's horn covers. :D

This giveaway is open to all NON-PAYING BladeForums members with AT LEAST 100 posts in the Traditional Folders and Fixed Blade subforum (as of today), as well as all PAID members regardless of post count.

To enter, please post one thing that was memorable to you about the year 2020, good or bad (let's keep politics out of this though please). What happened to you or yours in 2020 that you would like us to know about?

The giveaway will be open until Tuesday or Wednesday (1/19 or 1/20). All names will be entered into a random name picker and a winner chosen.

Good luck!

9uN6kyJ.jpg

4ygoXkW.jpg

Special thanks to Mike @knifeswapper for making the 2020 knife happen!

Last edited:
Awesome giveaway. Thanks for your generosity! Count me in, I don't have a 2020 forum knife.

The most memorable thing from 2020 was the bare shelves in stores during April and May. It was a jarring sight, as like many here, I grew up in the US. I never expected to see anything like it here in this country.

I'm in if I win this I plan to regift it to my best friend. He loved the look of mine when I sent pics and I wished I would've ordered 2 the first time around. Our work has be real slow this year due to covid,so extra funds to buy another has been on the rare side. But I am grateful to have had as much work as I have had. While talking to my Dad I mentioned it was difficult to save money to try and buy another truck and for sure my Fords engine was on it's last legs. Bought used and not very well maintained prior to mr its been running on block sealer for over a year now. Head gasket and timing chains have had it and the top end sounds like a dozen BB's in a metal lunchbox being shook :eek::confused::thumbsdown:
Anyway my Dad says don't worry about saving money to buy a truck you can HAVE my old one! So he gave me his 2003 Silverado, :cool::thumbsup:
0xfPoNp.jpg

Because this is a knife forum here's some knife content
X1Apyxg.jpg

Incidentally this is the SECOND time this truck has been gifted, my Dad recieved it as a surprise Christmas gift in 2003 from my grandmother :D
Edit to add: Thanks for the opportunity :thumbsup::thumbsup:
And while I DID get more than expected for Christmas, in the spirit of the truck being a gift twice if I win I'm gifting this knife to my frind;) so it'll be twice given as well
Edit to chage indecently to incidentally, put a letter in the wrong spot and spell check took over, I didn't notice it lol

Last edited:
Awesome giveaway! 2020 was probably the strangest year I’ve ever endured.

The good: Successfully made it through the first year of post Navy life with the same company.

The bad: Being separated from extended family due to travel restrictions.

Most memorable by far: With my boys doing virtual school and me being able to work from home starting in March, I was able to spend more time helping with schoolwork and being a dad during 2020 than I had in the previous two years combined.

Count me in! thank you for the generous GAW!

My most memorable moment of 2020 was trying to work from home with a toddler going crazy. Literally the first day of working from home I was on an 8AM Zoom conference and my 1 year old climbed on the couch and fell off the back directly onto the tile floor. Commence screaming bloody murder and a meeting cut short. 2020 in a nutshell. I did get to spend a lot more bonding time with my daughter while working from home that would never have happened due to her being in daycare. I will always cherish that.

I normally don't enter giveaways but I really like the 2020 forum knife and didn't get one so I'm in and thank you very much for a great giveaway :thumbsup:
I lost my mother on April 2nd, lost my job 2 weeks later and due to the following undesirable events we sold our home and moved back to our home state, bought a new home and found new jobs relatively quick.

Thank you for the giveaway!
I wasn’t frequenting BF when the 2020 knife came out, so I missed out.
It’s been tough, but I have less to complain about than many.
I think thing that I will remember, and that I will be sure to remind them of, is the kid’s begging to go into school.
I think we have a lot more recognition of what we are grateful for.
Thanks again!

Oh yeah! And congrats on all of that good news you’ve had, too! Rest up, my friend.

Last edited:
Not an entry, but I wanted to say congratulations on a yard for the dog, and the upcoming baby. Get your sleep while you can.

Not an entry, but I wanted to say congratulations on a yard for the dog, and the upcoming baby. Get your sleep while you can.

Thanks! He's been absolutely loving it! I on the other hand have not been loving the fact that we have three oak trees in our yard. Raking for daaaays!

cr3VOrM.jpg

I can't tell you how many people have told me that getting my sleep in now. I'm absolutely terrified! I love my sleep.

I can't tell you how many people have told me that getting my sleep in now. I'm absolutely terrified! I love my sleep.

Congrats! My son was born in February last year and it's amazing how your body can just adjust to getting up 3/4/5 times a night but then after a certain amount of months it just comes crashing down.

Best piece of advice I can give you is sleep when he/she sleeps and that includes naps! You will need it.

35e59ae132956c0fde05e0dd7ed0b16e.gif

When covid was just beginning to make the news some of the doctors my fiance works with told me that from what they could learn that it was going to be bad. As the safety officer at my office I made a point to bring it to everyone's attention that covid was real and that it was coming. After a couple of my covid awareness talks I was called to the bosses office and was told I was not a doctor and did not know what I was talking about covid wasn't going to be worse than the flu and that I was forbidden to talk about it in the office from that day forward. When it hit our county in Texas we were the highest infection rate per capita in the entire state for an extended period of time I demanded to be allowed to step down as the safety officer. On July 21st my sister passed away from covid 19, she and my mother lived together and my mother had tested positive only a few days before. My mother went into a state of grief and didn't eat for 16 days. When I figured out mom wasn't telling me the truth about eating I drove down and picked her up and brought her to our local hospital where it took several days to get her stabilized and eating again. Our doctor friend told me that had I not brought her in she wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of days, I say this not for praise as I did what any son would have in the situation. On 09-25 we lost my long suffering sister in law from natural causes, she had not been in the best of health for some time but it was sudden and unexpected. After that I contracted covid and was miserable for a couple of weeks and worrying my mother to no end with fear of losing another child. Then there is the ongoing situation with one of my children that I will not discuss here except to say that we are all cautiously optimistic that things are changing for the better recently.

During this time I have come to focus on the positives. I have the love of a kind, gentle and extremely hard working woman. I have strengthened old friendships. I have a good job that hasn't slowed down and has allowed me all the time I've needed to take care of family things. I got a surprise visit from my grandson in late October when my youngest daughter became to tired to continue her drive while moving.

But the most positive news, I was informed last year that my oldest daughter is going to have a baby boy in April.

Back